April 19, 2021
What is RMM Software and Why Do MSPs Need It?
What is RMM?
RMM stands for “remote monitoring and management.” Remote monitoring and management tools are a foundational technology for managed service providers (MSPs). Managing client endpoints and devices is a key tenant in a managed services business, and these tools give MSPs the ability to do so remotely.
What are the benefits of RMM tools?
RMM solutions are used by IT professionals to remotely monitor system status and manage processes without the requirement to physically be on site. With the right RMM tool, MSPs can do more with less–simplifying operations for the MSP while providing efficient service for the client.
Drive Efficiency and Automation into Service Delivery
By centralizing the management of client endpoints, MSPs can reduce costs and increase service delivery efficiency. From installing software to patch management remote monitoring and management software is designed to drive efficiency, scalability, usability, and affordability.
Scale the Business
For maximum uptime, consider a 100% cloud platform with no hardware to maintain. With a cloud-based RMM solution, MSPs can scale their endpoints with ease, whereas an on-premises solution may require upgrades and manual maintenance to grow with your business.
Build Value and Trust with Clients
With a robust remote monitoring and management solution, MSPs can remotely and proactively monitor and support clients with one-click access to endpoints, mitigating risk and anticipating issues before they occur. MSPs can also use their RMM tool to provide clients with valuable insights and reporting.
Unify With Your Operations Engine
MSPs live and breathe in a professional services automation (PSA) tool to deliver service to clients, manage tickets, and organize business operations. To run an efficient and effective managed services business, PSA and RMM tools are essential. So, it only makes sense that integrating them will save MSPs time from not having to switch from platform to platform to complete a task.
Datto RMM: Built for MSPs
Datto RMM is the platform of choice for thousands of MSPs around the world looking to reduce the operational overhead of delivering managed services.
- Comprehensive auditing: Get complete visibility of every device and pinpoint areas for action.
- Real-time monitoring: Implement system-wide monitoring with intelligent alerting, auto-response, and auto-resolution.
- Flexible reporting: Prove your value and help your customers make decisions with a wide array of reports.
- Built-in patch management: Automatically maintain every device with flexible, native OS and application patch update policies.
- Remote control and takeover: Provide instant support with one-click access to any of your managed devices.
What Makes Datto RMM Different
- Rapid pace of innovation: The Datto RMM product team pushes updates to once a month to improve user experience.
- Onboarding and ongoing optimization: Our implementation team is full of pros that specialize in helping MSPs adopt Datto RMM by providing ongoing support that’s unique to their business needs and use cases.
- One price, simple, and affordable: An affordable flat fee per device gives MSPs full visibility, management, and monitoring of every device under contract.
- Performance and security: Datto is 100% cloud-based and built to scale.
- Datto RMM integrations and open ecosystem: Native integrations with Autotask PSA, Datto Networking, and Unified Continuity solutions drive operational efficiency and greater profits for our MSP partners. We’re also committed to an open ecosystem for other MSP tools and technologies.
How to choose the right solution for your MSP business?
Take a look at our eBook, RMM Made MSPeasy, where we’re diving into what you should consider when selecting a solution. Plus, you’ll find advice from industry-leading MSPs on using RMM to increase operational efficiency and drive revenue.
Whether you are just getting started with managed services or are currently evaluating new software, this eBook is for you.