March 02, 2023
Security and Collaboration Questions to Include in Your IT Client Business Review
It’s that time again. Or rather, it’s always time to be prepared for your next Business Review meeting. Security is top of mind for most businesses but the rapid adoption of consumer-based cloud file storage solutions and rise in ransomware attacks may be creating a gap in business continuity that needs addressing.
Businesses depend on data and employees collaborating on files via networked drives or cloud storage solutions you, as a service provider, manage – but business leadership is often concerned whether this collaboration is secure and compliant – and you simply cannot afford to deal with complex solutions not designed for unique MSP needs.
Here are 10 questions to help you find out whether the secure collaboration solution will fulfill your and your clients’ needs:
- Does your solution include advanced authentication mechanisms, such as 2-factor authentication, password expiration and SSO integration?
- Does your solution protect the data from loss and leak with download/copy prevention and encryption on-device, in-transit and in-the-cloud?
- Does your solution include automatic versioning and retention of files, including deleted ones?
- Does your solution include role-based and policy-based access controls, multi-tier access, auditing and reporting?
- Will your solution automatically detect and isolate viruses, malicious content and ransomware attacks?
- Does your solution allow accessing content without installing specialized apps?
- Does the solution include full device governance, from device approval to automatic blocking of inactive devices, to remote device wipe?
- Does the solution require manual configuration of security parameters, or does it have strong security by default?
- Do you need to have techs on staff with the right knowledge and skills to offer the service based on the solution to your clients?
- Does the vendor have SSAE 16 SOC 2 Type 2 compliance? Does the solution offer a toolset to ensure GDPR and HIPAA compliance?
One of the solutions that could help you answer all the questions above is Datto Workplace. Built for IT Service Providers, it is simple, secure, and supports a hybrid network-enabled/cloud environment. Unlike other collaboration solutions, it also provides MSPs with the tools for quick and easy provisioning and management of their client instances. It’s a managed service that plays nice with your other offerings and allows you to control your margins.
Schedule a demo to learn more about Datto Workplace.