About the integration
The advanced integration of Autotask PSA and Datto RMM introduces a truly unified PSA-RMM business management platform and includes the follow features:
- Datto RMM users can be mapped to PSA resources and roles, and Datto RMM sites can be mapped to PSA companies. When the integration is enabled, PSA companies can be mapped to one or multiple Datto RMM sites. The mapping can take place in Datto RMM or PSA.
- Integrated ticketing no longer synchronizes Datto RMM and PSA tickets. Instead, the Single System of Record (SSoR) functionality provides direct access from Datto RMM tickets to PSA and vice versa, with much more detailed ticket information. With the integration enabled, the ticket entity lives in Autotask PSA only, therefore, any Datto RMM ticket history prior to enabling the integration is no longer visible.
- Each monitor type and the end client Agent tickets can be configured to create tickets in PSA in designated queues, with configurable issue, sub-issue, work type and ticket note defaults. The defaults can be overridden for specific monitors.
- Datto RMM device types can be mapped to Autotask PSA products and configuration item types.
- Datto RMM device user-defined fields can be mapped to Autotask PSA configuration item user-defined fields.
- Datto RMM alerts can automatically be closed if the PSA alert ticket is completed, using a PSA workflow rule and extension callout. Workflow rules in PSA automatically perform certain updates and actions when specific events happen and conditions are met. You have a number of Datto-RMM-specific attributes available for use in PSA workflow rules.
- The single sign-on (SSO) functionality allows you to be automatically logged in to Datto RMM if you are already logged in to PSA and click an SSO-enabled link.
- You can make your workflow simpler by having your PSA alert ticket self-heal or clear automatically when the corresponding Datto RMM alert is resolved. You can also specify when a Datto RMM alert should be considered repeating or related to another alert.
- You can use Datto-RMM-specific attributes in PSA workflow rules.
- Datto RMM alert and device dashboard tabs are available in PSA. The dashboards are configured based on the additional device data that is synced between Datto RMM and PSA.
- Datto RMM devices can be mapped to billing contracts in PSA. Datto RMM devices appear in PSA in real time, without a manual device discovery process. We have added an Endpoint Management - Configuration Item Mapping page in PSA where you can assign a contact, billing contract and for recurring service contracts, a service or bundle to the device, or set the device as Reviewed for Contract (which takes it off the mapping page).
- You can access a number of Datto RMM tools right from PSA using right-click and context menus.
You can configure the integration in Datto RMM after downloading the Autotask component from the ComStore.
View Documentation & Setup Guide
Powered by Froala Editor