April 23, 2020
What Is the Best Method For PC Backup with Windows 10?
A complete PC backup is essential for anyone who wants to prevent loss of system data and files. Hard disks may crash, software can go haywire, malware and trojans can also corrupt essential files. In such cases, a system without a backup is prone to lose important documents, photos, and system configurations.
Windows 10 comes with a backup program that allows you to duplicate your files on an external storage device manually; you can equally save up your files in a cloud storage space or even use independent third-party backup and restore services. It also allows users to create a complete backup with the in-built custom System Image Backup feature. System image duplicates all files saved on your device, including software, settings, and apps.
How to Create a Windows 10 Image System Backup
While it is true that you can save your entire backup to a network point or secondary storage, the best method is using detachable storage, which can be unplugged and stored in a safe location. Follow these steps to create a Windows 10 backup for your PC through the system image tool.
- Go to Settings
- Select Update & Security
- Click the Backup tab
- A scroll bar shows “looking for an older backup,” select the backup and restore option
- Go to the left panel and select the “Create a system image” icon
- A pop-up appears asking you where to save the backup, choose the hard disk
- On the hard disk, choose the location to backup restore
- Select the Next button
- Select the Start backup button.
Once you are through with these procedures, the system image tool will backup all contents of the primary hard drive, including the system, saved partitions as well as other drives you might have chosen
Microsoft Approach of Windows 10 Image Backup
Microsoft allows you to create a system image and recovery drive that can boot the PC before the default settings or hard disk crashes. Here are the steps to follow:
- Start Backup and Restore from the control panel
- Choose the “Select Image”
- Ensure that your external storage is in the PC and turned on
- Select next
- Start backup restore. This can take time; you need to be patient
- Close the Wizard or create a system repair disc
A Better Way
Finally, the best way to back up your file is by using online cloud storage services such as Cloud Continuity for PCs, which offer vast storage space, seamless transfer of backup files, and easy recovery of the backup files.