As the world’s leading provider of cloud-based software and technology solutions delivered by managed service providers (MSPs), Datto believes there is no limit to what small and medium businesses can achieve with the right technology. Datto offers Unified Continuity, Networking, and Business Management solutions and has created a one-of-a-kind ecosystem of MSP partners. These partners provide Datto solutions to over one million businesses across the globe. Since its founding in 2007, Datto continues to win awards each year for its rapid growth, product excellence, superior technical support, and for fostering an outstanding workplace. With headquarters in Norwalk, Connecticut, Datto has global offices in the United Kingdom, Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Canada, Australia, China, and Singapore. Learn more at datto.com.
Datto is seeking a dynamic Product Marketing Manager (PMM) for End User Content to join our growing team. This individual will work collaboratively across the Marketing organization, as well as with the Partner Enablement team to identify and develop educational and marketing content to enable Datto’s Managed Service Provider (MSP) partners to position, market and sell Datto’s cybersecurity, backup and continuity solutions to their Small and Medium Business (SMB) clients. The individual will collaborate with the respective Product Marketing leads across the team to develop SMB-client facing solutions messaging content and assets targeting key industries that Datto’s partners serve, e.g. Legal, Accounting, Healthcare/Medical, Dental, Technology and more. The PMM will be comfortable with developing a deep understanding of the buyer’s journey for SMB clients in selecting technologies for their business.
You possess strong attention to detail, an eye for quality and a passion for creating the most impactful messaging to help MSPs grow their business using Datto solutions. You are a superior communicator with the ability to elegantly articulate technical capabilities as SMB business benefits.
- Lead and own all end-user focused product marketing messaging, content and assets.
- Rapidly understand the SMB business models across top industries that Datto’s MSP partners serve, needs and operational pain points by industry, relevant to each of Datto’s solutions areas.
- Collaborate closely with the Product Marketing leads to reframe value propositions and messaging guides for each of Datto’s solutions for SMBs, by industry.
- Understand and deliver messages that articulate the value and benefits to SMBs of working with MSP partners to provide Datto products and solutions.
- Work with the Partner Enablement team to align strategies to deliver MSPs assets, playbooks, campaigns and other programs.
- Develop a plan to deliver educational and sales-oriented content that MSPs can use to position the value proposition of Datto’s products and solutions effectively to their end clients.
- Conduct partner and end-user SMB interviews as needed to develop deeper market understanding, test ideas and to gain a better understanding of challenges as well as the breadth of solutions in the marketplace.
- Create positioning and messaging for Datto’s website, Community site content, datasheets, sales guides, decks, success stories, etc. to clearly communicate the ‘delighters’ of Datto’s solutions from an SMB perspective.
- Understand and communicate key competitive advantages for Datto solutions.
- Gather and analyze utilization and engagement metrics of content and iterate on content quality to improve outcomes.
- Bachelor’s degree or global equivalent in marketing, business or technology required.
- 5 years minimum experience in Product Marketing or Content Marketing at a technology company, preferably in the cybersecurity or backup/business continuity solution areas.
- Proven experience in writing customer-facing marketing materials.
- Experience working with channel partners is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must. Writing samples will be required.
- Understands how to effectively coordinate efforts across multiple teams on a global scale.
- Able to effectively convey information to a wide variety of audiences, from executives to managers and partners to end-users (SMB clients).
- Able to analyze and interpret data and metrics to make informed decisions.
- Shows initiative and demonstrates leadership commensurate with the scope of responsibilities.
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Generous paid parental leave
- “Datto University” virtual on-boarding program
- Access to more than 5,000 courses via LinkedIn Learning
- Education reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Headspace App
- Charity match program
- A dynamic and socially active work culture, including Employee Resource Groups
- Networking and career development opportunities
- And more!
Note: We are looking only for candidates willing to join us directly as W2 employees (No 3rd party candidates)
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.