As the world’s leading provider of cloud-based software and technology solutions delivered by managed service providers (MSPs), Datto believes there is no limit to what small and medium businesses can achieve with the right technology. Datto offers Unified Continuity, Networking, and Business Management solutions and has created a one-of-a-kind ecosystem of MSP partners. These partners provide Datto solutions to over one million businesses across the globe. Since its founding in 2007, Datto continues to win awards each year for its rapid growth, product excellence, superior technical support, and for fostering an outstanding workplace. With headquarters in Norwalk, Connecticut, Datto has global offices in the United Kingdom, Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Canada, Australia, China, and Singapore. Learn more at datto.com.
You will report to the Senior Manager Network Engineering
A Senior Network Security Engineer will be expected to take ownership of and troubleshoot highly technical issues in a logical manner to reach a final resolution. They should recommend solutions to solve these issues and work closely with other team members to meet common objectives. This engineer should have a good understanding of Palo Alto firewalls in a multi-site deployment via Panorama. They should also be eager to learn and work on new hardware and technologies. They should be very self-motivated and be able to succeed with minimal day to day supervision. This engineer should be respectful and courteous to all other departments.
Objectives and Responsibilities
- Take ownership of chronic network issues and show a commitment to the resolution of such issues.
- Research and work with new networking software, hardware, or technologies.
- Design, install, and support highly technical Palo Alto firewall deployments.
- Support our internal enterprise network and help design new network security models.
- Develop and maintain documentation including operational manuals and procedural documents.
- Help in the deployment and development of orchestration technologies for automated configuration deployment.
- Generate technical presentations based on results of design/sand-box testing and present to upper management.
- Ability to work nights and weekends as part of 24/7 on-call support
- Panorama template design and CLI configuration experience
- Experience deploying and troubleshooting GlobalProtect on Windows, Mac, Linux, and mobile phones
- Security profile (AV, AS, URL, file, Wildfire, DoS) and security policy design
- Palo Alto physical HA and VM firewall deployments
- Comprehensive understanding of IPSEC; experienced in designing, deploying, and troubleshooting large-scale multi-site routed IPSEC environments.
- Internal gateway support with GlobalProtect
- Pan-os-python API development experience
- SSL decryption design and operational experience
- General IPv6 deployment experience on PA firewalls
- Panorama logging collector groups
- Adept at working in hybrid private/public cloud environments
- Strong L2/L3 troubleshooting skills
- Strong experience of network infrastructure and network hardware, including LAN/WAN support, routing, switching, firewalls and wireless products.
- Routing experience (BGP, OSPF, etc.) including configuration, redistribution and troubleshooting.
- Solid understanding of IP addressing, 802.1x Network Access Control, subnetting, and VLANs.
- Packet capture experience and fluency with Wireshark and tcpdump.
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) and/or Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certifications or equivalent knowledge.
- Comfortable operating in a Linux environment
- Knowledge and solid scripting experience in using Python Scripting and Ansible for Network automation and analytics
- Analytical problem solving and troubleshooting ability; exceptionally organized, self-motivated individual that can juggle across multiple priorities.
- Extensive background in planning and crafting projects and analyzing existing network systems and procedures for efficiency and effectiveness
- Strong analytical skills for interpreting business requirements and translating them into technical specifications
- Superb communication skills, including the ability to write network and security documentation, policies, and guidelines
- Ability to quickly learn new or unfamiliar technology and products using documentation and internet resources.
- Can prototype architecture to demonstrate conceptual operation and assess technical feasibility.
- The ideal candidate should be calm under pressure, a team player, flexible, and customer focused.
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Generous paid parental leave
- “Datto University” virtual on-boarding program
- Access to more than 5,000 courses via LinkedIn Learning
- Education reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Headspace App
- Charity match program
- A dynamic and socially active work culture, including Employee Resource Groups
- Networking and career development opportunities
- And more!
Note: We are looking only for candidates willing to join us directly as W2 employees (No 3rd party candidates)
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.