Datto, the world’s leading provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers, is looking for a QA Automation Tester to join a growing team. Datto is a creative company at its core and is an exciting and dynamic workplace. We're 100% focused on our managed service provider partners and believe that with the right technology, managed service providers can change how businesses around the world operate. Datto provides data protection, business continuity, networking, business management, and file backup and sync products that empower and protect the clients of our 14,000+ partners. We're headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and have 22 offices worldwide.
Datto is a global organization with engineering offices around the world. The RMM development team is headquartered in England, but with resources in other countries including the US and Canada. Manual and automated testing is performed on the RMM product. The UK QA team manages the testing effort and is involved in hands on testing, supported by an offshore team of manual testers in Moldova. A vacancy exists for an additional tester to join the RMM QA team, based in Toronto and supporting the North American RMM development team. This person will be part of the automation testing team, but some degree of manual testing may also be required.
The successful candidate will become an integral part of the testing team, with attributes and responsibilities as listed below.
- Good at following QA processes and providing feedback to refine them
- Excellent attention to detail
- Thorough and methodical approach to testing, but also able to be flexible and creative
- Calm under pressure
- Able to learn quickly
- Motivated and enthusiastic
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Review user stories for completeness of acceptance criteria
- Provide accurate estimates for testing effort on assigned work
- Investigate, report, track and retest bugs in accordance with our agreed processes
- Ensure application usability, functionality, security, and performance.
- Ensure that personal and team objectives are met
- Actively participate in meetings as required
- Occasional late-night testing of deployments
- Assist with automated testing
- Generate test data and program configurations – requires scripting skills (e.g. Python)
- Script deploying the software to the automated test environment and running the software
with different configurations
- Automated API testing
- Help planning integrated and stress/performance tests
- At least 3 yrs experience as a tester building and maintaining automated test scripts using Cypress with
- In addition, any experience of developing automation scripts using Selenium Webdriver with Java
would be helpful
- In-depth understanding of concepts of microservice architecture, API and event-driven architecture
- Strong API automation testing experience using tools like RestAssured, Postman, SoapUI, or similar
- Ability to build mock API responses to speed up test automation runs and trigger various scenarios and
- Experience of using any of the performance measuring tools like Jmeter, HP LoadRunner, or similar
- Solid understanding of Network concepts and proven track record testing Network products
- Database querying and testing
- Solid knowledge of JIRA, Confluence and Zephyr Scale (TM4J)
- Good understanding of SDLC and QA best practice
- Security testing, e.g. Gauntlet
- Virtual Machines/ESXi
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Windows, Office and other business software
- Familiarity with BDD is an asset
Academic and Professional Qualifications:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent professional experience
- ISEB or ISTQB qualified (Foundation or higher)
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Private medical insurance
- Generous paid time off policy
- Charity match program
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.