Datto, the world’s leading provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers, is looking for an IT Support Specialist to join a growing team. Datto is a creative company at its core and is an exciting and dynamic workplace. We're 100% focused on our managed service provider partners and believe that with the right technology, managed service providers can change how businesses around the world operate. Datto provides data protection, business continuity, networking, business management, and file backup and sync products that empower and protect the clients of our 14,000+ partners. We're headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and have 22 offices worldwide.
Under the supervision of IT leadership, the Unified Communications Engineer is responsible for administration and support for voice Unified Communications, Cloud Contact Center systems, soft phones and voicemail systems. Helps evaluate, design, configure, document, and implement communication system architecture including phone networks & services, VOIP, cloud services, and connectivity to support business needs. Monitors system performance to recommend whether adjustments need to be made. Participates in business partner meetings as required. Works on communication system related project activities as assigned.
A Look Inside the Job:
- Collaborates with IT team members, business partners, and various levels of staff to administer, troubleshoot, and support company communication systems and technology
- Provides effective and efficient administration of communication systems and services around telephone (UCaaS), unified communications, desk and soft phones, mobile devices, and collaboration systems and technologies
- Helps plan, document, and coordinate changes and implement new additions to the communication systems architecture
- Analyzes, evaluates, and reports on communication system incidents and key performance indicators
- Analyzes capacity, performance, and trends of communication systems resources and proactively addresses potential capacity and performance issues
- Helps negotiate and manage agreements with service providers, carriers, licenses, and service plans
- Identifies, implements, and audits communication systems and services to ensure compliance
- Provides adequate documentation of communication system processes and procedures
- Helps establish and maintain effective communication system back-up procedures
- Participates in coordinating & supporting changes to the communication systems architecture
- Complies with software version control processes and procedures & coordinates upgrade
- Performs diagnostic testing and analysis of communication systems, services, and devices
- Stays current on communication industry news relative to new and emerging technologies and to help defend against threats
- Works closely with IT leadership and security administration to ensure a robust and effective security environment is established and maintained
- Upholds a high standard for communication system security to ensure maximum deterrence and prevention of unauthorized access to corporate IT resources and services
- Helps provide 24 x 7 coverage for all Telecom services
- Works with 3rd party vendors to resolve problems and coordinate implementing solutions
- Developments and updates communication system training materials as necessary
- Helps prepare, document, test, & maintain disaster recovery processes & procedures
- Documents and updates Business Continuity Plan (BCP) components as required
- 2+ yrs. Experience in Telephony platforms, in particular, Cloud Contact Center Platforms and Business VOIP systems. (ie.Five 9 and Zoom Phone)
- 2+ yrs. Experience in Reporting and Analytics for Cloud Contact Center Platforms
- 2+ yrs. Experience in Contact Center routing
- Some Experience in Workforce Management integration (Teleopti)
- Some Expertise in CRM platforms (Salesforce)
Nice to Have (Plus) Qualifications:
- Five 9 Cloud Contact Center experience.
- Zoom Phone UC Experience.
- Zoom Video management experience
- Familiarity with Asterisk PBX
- + 2 years of Programming/Scripting Skills in Python, PHP, Bash
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible working hours
- Unlimited paid time off
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Fitness reimbursement
- Charity match program
- Transit subsidy in select cities
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.