As the world’s leading provider of cloud-based software and technology solutions delivered by managed service providers (MSPs), Datto believes there is no limit to what small and medium businesses can achieve with the right technology. Datto offers Unified Continuity, Networking, and Business Management solutions and has created a one-of-a-kind ecosystem of MSP partners. These partners provide Datto solutions to over one million businesses across the globe. Since its founding in 2007, Datto continues to win awards each year for its rapid growth, product excellence, superior technical support, and for fostering an outstanding workplace. With headquarters in Norwalk, Connecticut, Datto has global offices in the United Kingdom, Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Canada, Australia, China, and Singapore. Learn more at datto.com.
A Look Inside the Job:
As a Senior Product Manager on the Partner Digital Experience team, you will be directly responsible for driving innovation for how Partners do business with Datto and have end to end ownership of products within the partner digital experience.
You will apply product management expertise and use critical thinking, data-backed analysis, and voice of the customer insight to help Datto transform the digital experience of our MSP partners. Our team’s goals are to make Datto easier to do business with, drive self-serve and personalized experiences, and increase partner engagement.
You will partner closely with our agile technology teams, and will work collaboratively with leaders around the organization, including Sales, Finance, and Customer Success.
You will report directly to the Senior Director Product, Digital Experience.
Who you are:
You love working with technology teams to build customer experiences that are intuitive and frictionless, and that drive engagement and usage. You are a collaborative, visionary problem solver with a passion for using data, customer insights, and applying critical thinking skills to inform strategic decisions.
- Strategic Planning and Roadmap Development
- Contribute to the strategic planning process and ensure continuing alignment of the partner experience strategy with the overall company strategy
- Product Ownership
- Own product through the entire product life cycle, from initial proposal, requirements definition, launch, and through to retirement.
- Using product research input, create detailed business and technical requirements, working alongside engineering to design, develop, and bring concepts to market.
- Keep stakeholders involved and informed throughout the planning, development, testing, and deployment lifecycle. Manage stakeholder and customer escalations when needed.
- Partner Insights and Voice of the Customer (VoC)
- Use surveys and interviews to get at the underlying reasons for partner pain and partner requests, the true needs of partners, and to test hypotheses.
- Synthesize findings from surveys and interviews and bring the partner’s voice into the creation process.
- KPIs, Analytics, and Business Cases
- Establish success criteria for product usage and perform ongoing measurement and monitoring, using input to inform roadmap and designs.
- Develop actionable data-backed insights to inform key business decisions and guide roadmap priorities. Structure and conduct analyses; synthesize results.
- Create business cases to make recommendations on priorities.
- Requirements and Specifications
- Recommend and make judgments on scope for MVP releases.
- Own and document requirements and specifications. Prioritize and make tradeoffs based on data- and fact-based opportunities.
- Provide input on the user interface as part of the product design process.
- Conduct current state process analysis, and develop desired state processes to guide process and product designs.
- Launch, Communications, and Change Management
- Develop and own release plans.
- Partner with GTM and subject matter experts to create internal and external facing launch materials, including training assets, FAQs, and communications.
- Equivalent of 6-10 years in digital customer experience or product management.
- A consistent track record leading all aspects of a product throughout its lifecycle.
- A solid Product Owner background, with a demonstrated experience working with a team of technical experts in an agile environment.
- Skilled in critical thinking and problem solving.
- Expertise in leveraging data and conducting analysis to develop actionable insights, and to inform strategic decisions and product roadmaps.
- Experience in conducting customer interviews, and other forms of gathering customer insights.
- Excellent presentation, communication skills, and collaboration skills.
- Comfortable with ambiguity; strong intellectual curiosity; bias for action.
- Ability to translate customer pain points into strategic, operational and/or technological solutions.
- Strong business acumen and judgment.
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint / G-Suite equivalent
- Experience in a strategic consulting role.
- Practical knowledge of SQL and data architectures.
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Fitness reimbursement
- Charity match program
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.