May 07, 2021
WiFi-6: What It Means For MSPs
There are 15 billion WiFi-enabled devices in use around the world. WiFi-6 is the most recent iteration of the WiFi network protocol and brings consumers and businesses alike a faster, more efficient internet connection. So what does it mean for the managed service providers (MSPs) providing networking services to the small and medium businesses of the world?
This powerful new wireless standard helps increase network capacity and efficiency by leveraging new technologies that enable multiple users to simultaneously connect and transmit data without sacrificing performance or battery life.
Efficient and secure WiFi-6 technology built for MSPs
MSPs can better serve clients’ networking connectivity needs with the benefits of WiFi-6 technology, including:
- Increased network capacity: WiFi-6 allows more end users and their devices on the network at the same time without compromising connectivity.
- Improved device battery life: Compatible devices use power more efficiently and require less charging and maintenance.
- Outdoor reliability: WiFi-6 enables better performance in open/outdoor spaces and has fewer dead spots, which improves roaming.
- Peak throughput increase: Users benefit from higher data rates even on busier networks.
- Enhanced WiFi coexistence: WiFi-6 uses advanced filtering techniques to efficiently coexist with other nearby networks, which improves the overall quality of the wireless experience.
What makes Datto Networking different
Purpose-built for MSPs, Datto Networking offers reliable Access Points, Edge Routers, and Switches that come with a lifetime warranty and simple cloud deployment and management with a multi-tenant view of devices. Datto enables the deployment of Networking as a Managed Service to provide a recurring revenue stream for MSPs with pricing structures built for MSPs to grow margin.