July 17, 2018
Datto’s European State of the MSP Report
We recently surveyed nearly 400 European managed service providers (MSPs) across Europe about their day-to-day lives and their approach to buiness.Today we published the key findings in Datto’s European State of the MSP Report which provides a deeper insight into everything from basic demographics, media consumption preferences and the business challenges MSPs face today.
Throughout the report we aim to provide an accurate profile of managed services today, the good, the bad, and the ugly. We hope that by sharing these insights within the channel we will offer the MSP community a variety of resources and solutions for mitigating these common pain points.
Some key findings from the report included:
- Half of MSPs serve over 100 clients, offer 1 year contracts, and still offer break-fix services in some shape or form.
- To keep on top of industry trends, MSPs subscribe to a variety of channel publications, including The Channel Co, Channel Futures, and Channel Partners.
- The majority of MSPs are active daily on social networks, particularly Facebook, LinkedIn and Reddit.
- MSPs are across the globe are watching Game of Thrones, Stranger Things, and Black Mirror.
- When it comes to Star Wars versus Star Trek, the channel has spoken. For the majority of MSPs, the force is very much with Star Wars!
- The top business challenges for global MSPs: Marketing/Sales, Staffing/Training, Ransomware/Cyber security, and Customer Service.
Marketing and sales is one of the biggest pain points MSPs try to overcome today, closely followed by staffing and training. At Datto our commitment to our clients success will always be our top priority. Throughout the report we offer a number of resources to help eliminate the existing challenges MSPs face in order to enable businesses to keep growing in the right direction.