Feb 25, 2020
Datto’s European State of the Channel Ransomware Report
Datto’s European State of the Channel Ransomware Report is comprised of statistics pulled from a survey of 150+ managed service providers (MSPs), our partners, and clients, around Europe.
The report takes a deep dive into the state of ransomware from the perspective of the IT Channel, and their SMB clients, who are dealing with ransomware infections on a daily basis. It provides a wealth of detail on ransomware, including year-over-year trends, frequency, targets, impact, and recommendations for ensuring recovery and continuity in the face of the growing threat.
Let’s check out a few key takeaways from the report:
- In the first half of 2019 alone, 61% of MSPs report attacks against clients. 19%of MSPs report multiple ransomware attacks in a single day.
- On average, 2 in 5 SMBs report that they’ve fallen victim to a ransomware attack. In particular, SMBs who don’t outsource their IT services are more at risk.
- The aftermath of a ransomware attack can be a nightmare for any business. Nearly half of MSPs report victimised clients experienced business-threatening downtime.
- The average ransom requested by hackers is increasing. MSPs report the average requested ransom for SMBs is €2,300 / £1,990
- 81% of MSPs report that clients with BCDR solutions in place are less likely to experience significant downtime during a ransomware attack. 2 in 3 MSPs also report that victimised clients with BCDR in place recovered from the attack in 24 hours, or less.
- SMBs aren’t the only businesses being targeted by hackers. 3 in 5 MSPs agree that their own businesses are being increasingly targeted by ransomware attacks.
Download the full report here!