Sep 17, 2019
Datto's 2019 European State of the MSP Report
Datto surveyed 200+ managed service providers (MSPs) across Europe to learn about their day-to-day lives, businesses, and IT Channel predictions. The result: a wealth of statistics covering everything from the technology MSPs are using and business challenges they’re facing, to where they get their news and how many industry events they attend annually.
In Datto’s European State of the MSP Report, we go beyond a snapshot of today’s MSPs and take a deeper dive into their lives and businesses. MSPs are the core of the IT Channel; by sharing these insights, we hope to help them overcome challenges and highlight resources to help them succeed.
Let’s take a look at some of the key findings in the report:
- 28% of European MSPs report having between 1-100 clients. 91% of MSPs also report making at least one client site visits per week. In the next 12 months, over 70% of European MSPs predict adding between 1-15 new clients
- MSPs report RMM, cloud storage management, productivity software, professional services automation (PSA) and business continuity and disaster recovery (BCDR), among the solutions that positively impacted them the most last year.
- The top 3 most critical security offerings according to MSPs are anti-virus, advanced firewall, and Patch Management.
- MSPs in European ranked their top three IT Channel publications as Heise, IT Business, and The Channel Company.
- Recruiting new staff and work/ life balance are the top two pain points for European MSPs, followed by Marketing and Sales, Internal Operations and ransomware/ cybersecurity issues.
For more detailed findings from Datto’s 2019 European State of the MSP Report, download the full report.