Sep 05, 2018
5 Tips for Moving from Break-Fix to MSP
Moving from break-fix to managed services can seem overwhelming at first. However, once you dig in, you’ll find the work is well worth it. Managed service provider (MSPs) build steadier recurring revenue from clients than their break-fix counterparts.
The good news is, you’re not alone. With some of our quick tips, we can help you along the way to optimising your margins and higher retention. Let’s get started.
- Beans over bits: MSPs don’t sell technology. They deliver digital business capabilities via an economically optimised model. Dollar-quantified business cases are thus central to MSP engagement. And those business cases must include top-line impacts—not just savings.
- Climb vertically: Technologists are often dismissive about vertical markets. After all, backup is backup—whether a client serves burgers or subpoenas
- Know your clients’ clients: The clients you need to delight also need to delight clients. Therefore, their success depends on the same thing as yours: making people with money happy.
- Partner wisely: To drive continuous digital transformation for clients in target markets, the right partners are essential. Hybrid cloud is a must. So is transformation-friendly pricing structure.
- Be the change you want to sell: VARs and new MSPs are often like the shoemaker’s children. They’re always trying to sell technology that’s far more sophisticated than what they use themselves.
For more secrets for break-fix to MSP success, check out our new eBook. You’ll learn the value in serving specific verticals, why you must get to know your clients’ clients, what to look for in a technology vendor, and more. Download it today!