December 18, 2020
10 Tips To Prepare Your MSP Business For 2021
2020 has certainly been a difficult and challenging year for the MSP community and IT sector as a whole. We have seen a huge shift from working in offices to working from home, Zoom has become the new normal, and juggling home life in between working is something we are all beginning to master.
Although this year has been trying, it’s important we take some time to celebrate the wins. The global pandemic has fast-tracked the technology shift to cloud and has empowered the remote workforce of the future. Conversations around technology have moved from the IT department into virtual boardrooms around the world, which is great news for the IT sector as SMBs are starting to invest and plan for technology shifts. To add to this, The SMB market is starting to increase technology budgets and is beginning to invest in technology solutions; this is great news for the MSP community, as your services are needed now more than ever before.
As an MSP it is important to ensure your business is geared up for success before we ring in the new year. This will help set you up for success in 2021.
10 Tips To Prepare Your Business For 2021
- Add security to all your offerings: This is a great way for you to be able to diversify your product portfolio and increase your profits. Becoming a one-stop-shop for all your client’s needs will improve your bottom line.
- Focus on cloud technologies: Migrating business data to the cloud will ensure efficient, cost-effective delivery of service.
- Implement QBR meetings with all your customers: Taking the opportunity to meet with your clients on a regular basis to dive into granular details will help you to better understand and support their needs.
- Implement business management tools: Managing your business more effectively, whilst saving time and money has never been easier with RMM and PSA tools. Better yet, find solutions that integrate seamlessly.
- Automate, automate, automate: As an MSP your time is already stretched thin. Automating updates, patching, billing, and more will give time in your day to focus on other important areas of your business, like billable tasks.
- Show your value as an MSP: Highlight areas where you have helped your clients in areas such as saving them money or mitigating a cyber attack. This will help show them exactly why your services are essential.
- Leverage ALL your vendors have to offer: It’s wise to partner with technology vendors who can help you build out offerings to meet your clients’ needs continuously. These partnerships will equip you with the tools and technology you need to maintain your monthly recurring revenue goals.
- Look for ways to grow your business: Whether it’s marketing, hosting or going to events, working with sponsors or building partnerships, make sure to seize every opportunity that comes your way, especially if it’s going to help you grow your business in the long run.
- Identify cross-sell opportunities: Not only is this a great way to manage your clients efficiently, it’s also a great way to boost profits through another revenue stream.
- Client referrals: If your clients are happy with your services, they’re bound to tell their peers about it! Turn your clients into your greatest advocates and new business will continue to come your way.
Here’s to a fruitful 2021
2020 has changed the way we all do business and utilise technology. As an MSP, your clients are expecting more from you than ever before. I wish you all the best going into 2021! A huge thank you to the MSP community for another successful year. If you need any help or support, please feel free to contact the Datto team.