Protect SaaS data with Microsoft 365 backup
By Andrew Burton
What is Microsoft 365 backup?
Microsoft 365, formerly known as Office 365, is the productivity cloud suite of applications from Microsoft. It includes Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook as well as cloud solutions such as Teams and OneDrive. Employing a Microsoft 365 backup solution is essential, since Microsoft only assures service availability, and not data within.
Keep data safe with Microsoft 365
When organizations adopt Microsoft 365, it is critical to understand that Microsoft’s service agreement does not hold Microsoft responsible for backing up your data. Most SaaS vendors operate under something called “the Shared Responsibility model” this basically means that Microsoft and others will protect their applications and infrastructure but not the data within, that falls to users.
Backing up Microsoft 365 is a must for any business and SaaS Vendors often recommend taking a back of your data, including Microsoft, to protect against data loss. Human error is the leading cause of data loss for businesses, but it doesn’t stop there. In addition to accidental, or malicious deletion, o365 backup is also necessary due to threats from:
- Ransomware, virus, or other malware
- External hackers
- Hard disk or storage damage
- Software corruption
- Natural disaster
As the business world has moved from local applications to cloud based applications, so must your Business Continuity Disaster Recovery (BCDR) plan. There is no need to panic, MSPs that work with Datto are easily able to provide SaaS Protection to their clients to ensure total data protection. Datto SaaS Protection is a backup solution that provides organizations with a highly effective defense against data loss vulnerabilities.
By deploying Microsoft 365 backup tools you ensure a fast, effective recovery path that native Microsoft tools can’t deliver. Datto SaaS Protection not only ensures a reliable backup but a rapid recovery providing you continuity for your business data.
How does Datto SaaS Protection backup Microsoft 365?
Datto SaaS Protection offers comprehensive backup and recovery for critical cloud data that lives in Microsoft 365 applications. Managed service providers (MSPs) can protect their clients against data loss and ensure a quick recovery with one-click restore. New clients can get up and running fast with streamlined onboarding, while managing their backups from a single pane of glass.
With 3X daily backups, Datto SaaS Protection is an MSPs’ failsafe for client Microsoft 365 data. All user data is protected in the robust and secure Datto cloud, independent of Microsoft servers.
Benefits of Datto SaaS Protection for Microsoft 365
Datto provides MSPs with complete confidence that their clients’ Microsoft 365 (formerly Office 365) data is protected. On top of protecting data, Datto SaaS Protection also reduces the time needed to efficiently manage backups.
Datto SaaS Protection for o365 delivers:
- Automated, continuous backups. 3x daily Office 365 backups
- Streamlined client onboarding. Setup is fast and easy with a straightforward click-through onboarding process.
- Point-in-time restore and export. Quickly restore or export emails from a specific point in time before a data loss event occurred.
- Non-destructive restores. Quickly identify and recover individual objects or entire accounts with related records and folder structure intact.
- Flexible retention. Save money and effort by preserving inactive Microsoft 365 user data with SaaS Protection for as long as you need it.
Datto SaaS Protection is designed to make cloud backups efficient and profitable for MSPs to deliver as a service.
With Datto SaaS Protection, MSPs get:
- Smart management portal. Quickly and easily manage which licenses are in use, gauge profit, and view clients’ backup status all from one location.
- Backup monitoring. On-demand retrieval of events such as backup, export, or restore.
- Admin audit log. Maintain a detailed record of all administrator and user actions from your admin dashboard.
- Predictable profit. Build margin with bundled solutions that include protection for clients’ Microsoft 365 data.
- Simple, per-license pricing. Deploy licenses across end clients, and redeploy them as needed.
- Marketing and Sales Support. Launch pre-built SaaS Protection campaigns, access a library of co-branded content, and manage your leads from prospect to sale.
How to get started with Datto SaaS Protection for Office 365 backup
Datto SaaS Protection enables MSPs to restore lost client emails quickly with flexible restore options. It enables MSPs to efficiently deliver o365 backup to customers and build margin that increases profit.
To learn more about Microsoft 365 backup and how it fits into your managed services business, schedule a demo today.