Take control of your Gmail Backup
By Andrew Burton
What is Gmail backup?
Gmail Backup is the practice of regularly copying data created in Google Gmail to a secondary cloud location. Backing up Gmail enables fast restores of emails and attachments, as well as user settings and preferences. Google Mail backup protects against data loss associated with user error, accidental deletion, ransomware attacks, and Google outages.
Gmail backup keeps email safe no matter what
As organizations increasingly move data into cloud-based applications, many believe that traditional best practices such as data backup are outdated. And, it’s true that Google has measures in place that ensure it won’t lose Gmail data. However, the company doesn’t guarantee that it can restore Gmail information if an end user loses it.
The leading cause of Google Mail data loss? You guessed it: End-user error. Other common culprits include:
- Malware or ransomware attacks
- Malicious end-user activity
- Accidental data overwrites
- Canceled account subscriptions
Cloud based email providers actually recommend third-party backup to protect against these threats. This is commonly referred to as the “shared responsibility model” for data protection.
An independent, third-party, backup solution like Datto SaaS Protection is the best way to protect organizations against the most common data loss pitfalls. Additionally, many businesses must retain email for extended time periods to meet compliance mandates. Datto SaaS Protection offers the ability to retain user emails at a considerably lower cost than maintaining Google Workspace licenses.
Request a demo of SaaS Protection
Where does Datto fit into Gmail backup?
Some organizations choose to manage Google Workspace backups in house, while others outsource the process to an IT managed service provider (MSP). Datto SaaS Protection for Google is a backup solution designed specifically for MSPs to deliver reliable backups to SMBs.
How to backup Gmail with Datto?
Gmail backup with Datto SaaS Protection is simple and straightforward. With just a few clicks, Partners can purchase SaaS Protection licenses and begin protecting clients’ Gmail data. Once configured, backing up gmail is managed via the same portal as Datto endpoint and server backups. This eases management and increases MSP efficiency.
Benefits of Datto SaaS Protection for Gmail backup
Datto provides MSPs complete confidence that their clients’ Google Workplace (formally G Suite) data is protected. With our reliable and robust SaaS Protection solution we help you reduce risk and the time needed to manage backups.
Datto SaaS Protection for Google Workspace delivers:
- Automated, continuous backups. 3x daily Google Workplace backups
- Streamlined client onboarding. Setup is fast and easy with a straightforward click-through onboarding process.
- Point-in-time restore and export. Quickly restore or export emails from a specific point in time before a data loss event occurred.
- Non-destructive restores. Quickly identify and recover individual objects or entire accounts with related records and folder structure intact.
- Flexible retention. Save money and effort by preserving inactive Google user data with SaaS Protection for as long as you need it.
Datto SaaS Protection is designed to make cloud backups efficient and profitable for MSPs to deliver as a service.
With Datto SaaS Protection, MSPs get:
- Smart management portal. Quickly and easily manage which licenses are in use, gauge profit, and view clients’ backup status all from one location.
- Backup monitoring: On-demand retrieval of events such as backup, export, or restore.
- Admin audit log: Maintain a detailed record of all administrator and user actions from your admin dashboard.
- Predictable profit: Build margin with bundled solutions that include protection for clients’ Google Workspace data.
- Simple, per-license pricing: Deploy licenses across end clients, and redeploy them as needed.
- Marketing and Sales Support: Launch pre-built SaaS Protection campaigns, access a library of co-branded content, and manage your leads from prospect to sale
How to get started with Datto SaaS Protection Gmail backup
Datto SaaS Protection enables MSPs to restore lost client emails quickly with flexible restore options. It enables MSPs to efficiently deliver Gmail backup to customers and build margin that increases profit.
To learn more about SaaS Protection and how it fits into your managed services business, schedule a demo today.