As the world’s leading provider of cloud-based software and technology solutions delivered by managed service providers (MSPs), Datto believes there is no limit to what small and medium businesses can achieve with the right technology. Datto offers Unified Continuity, Networking, and Business Management solutions and has created a one-of-a-kind ecosystem of MSP partners. These partners provide Datto solutions to over one million businesses across the globe. Since its founding in 2007, Datto continues to win awards each year for its rapid growth, product excellence, superior technical support, and for fostering an outstanding workplace. With headquarters in Norwalk, Connecticut, Datto has global offices in the United Kingdom, Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Canada, Australia, China, and Singapore. Learn more at datto.com.
A Look Inside the Job:
As a Financial Systems Specialist you will partner with our Finance and Accounting teams to lead systems initiatives. You will work cross-functionally to identify gaps, build a roadmap, and provide technical expertise and support in scaling and maintaining systems. Primary financial systems include Netsuite and Workday Adaptive Planning.
You will report directly to the Director, Finance Operations.
- Configure user security profiles, manage access requests, and perform periodic audits to improve application security and adherence to security and compliance standards (eg. SOX)
- Manage systems configurations for core financial applications; ensure deployments are successful and meet user requirements and in accordance with ITGC controls
- Identify issues and opportunities propose and implement process, data, or systematic solutions
- Provide support to our finance operations day-to-day and throughout the month/quarter/annual closing cycle, including the preparation of ad-hoc reports
- Support integrations with 3rd party applications interacting with NetSuite
- Partner closely with FP&A to maintain and enhance Adaptive Planning structure to ensure continued alignment with NetSuite and the structure of Datto’s organization
- Gain a deep understanding of our business processes, products and the customer experience to help drive efficient, systemic processes
- At least 4 years of Netsuite ERP experience, with the ability to create ad-hoc reports to support the accounting and finance teams
- At least 4 years of Adaptive Planning experience, with a deep understanding of the underlying structure and reporting capabilities (experience implementing Adaptive Planning preferred)
- NetSuite certification is a major plus
- Experience working with systems that balance sensitive data handling with SOX controls and change-management processes
- Background in finance or accounting and familiar with financial reporting systems, period-end closing and reconciliation processes, and SOX controls
- Comfortable interacting with highly technical team members to design, manage projects and track implementation of complex solutions
- Experience with platforms, such as Salesforce, Blackline & Jira is a plus
- Skilled in critical thinking and problem solving
- Excellent presentation, communication, and collaboration skills
- Comfortable with ambiguity; strong intellectual curiosity; bias for action
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint / G-Suite equivalent
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Generous paid parental leave
- “Datto University” virtual on-boarding program
- Access to more than 5,000 courses via LinkedIn Learning
- Education reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Headspace App
- Charity match program
- A dynamic and socially active work culture, including Employee Resource Groups
- Networking and career development opportunities
- And more!
Note: We are looking only for candidates willing to join us directly as W2 employees (No 3rd party candidates)
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.