As the world’s leading provider of cloud-based software and technology solutions delivered by managed service providers (MSPs), Datto believes there is no limit to what small and medium businesses can achieve with the right technology. Datto offers Unified Continuity, Networking, and Business Management solutions and has created a one-of-a-kind ecosystem of MSP partners. These partners provide Datto solutions to over one million businesses across the globe. Since its founding in 2007, Datto continues to win awards each year for its rapid growth, product excellence, superior technical support, and for fostering an outstanding workplace. With headquarters in Norwalk, Connecticut, Datto has global offices in the United Kingdom, Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Canada, Australia, China, and Singapore. Learn more at datto.com.
This is a highly visible role that encompasses all aspects of taxation. Responsible for federal, state and local income tax
compliance for Datto Holdings Corp and Subsidiaries, annual and quarterly tax provisions, coordination of tax
audits, design and implementation of tax policies and procedures, and other special projects. You will report to the VP, Tax
Does This Describe You:
This is a highly visible role that encompasses all aspects of state taxation. Responsible for state and local tax compliance for
Datto Holdings Corp and Subsidiaries, annual and quarterly state tax provisions, coordination of state tax audits, design and
implementation of state tax policies and procedures, and other special projects
A Look Inside the Job:
- Responsible for federal, state and local income & franchise tax returns, estimated payments, and
extensions, including review of trial balances and unusual transactions, reconciliation of returns to the
financial statements, and creation of workpapers to support the Schedule M book/tax differences.
- Responsible for annual and quarterly income tax provision and accounting for income taxes.
- Assist with coordination, monitoring, and review of international compliance.
- Work with VP, Tax to update and maintain the tax department procedures and controls for the compliance
and FAS 109 processes.
- Coordinate federal and state income/franchise tax audits, including responding to inquiries.
- Work on projects that require technical knowledge, teamwork, problem solving skills, organizational skills
and effective communication skills.
- BS/BA degree in Accounting
- Minimum ten years of corporate income tax experience, preferably with a Big 4 firm.
- Should be a CPA or working toward becoming certified.
- Experience with FAS 109 strongly preferred.
- Well developed analytical and research abilities with effective communications skills.
- Strong organization skills.
- Detail oriented with strong documentation skills.
- Experience with Onesource tax return preparation and Checkpoint research software.
- Self-starter with ability to excel in fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Willingness to suggest process improvements.
- Able to works as part of a team and interact with all areas of Finance.
- Strong Computer skills: proficiency in MS Excel.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with constantly shifting priorities.
- Ability to interface with senior management and to present complex tax issues in simple terms.
- Ability to interface with diverse external tax advisors, tax auditors and internal departments, including internal audit, diplomatically and professionally.
- Excellent planning, organizational, analytical, leadership, oral and written communications skills required
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Generous paid parental leave
- “Datto University” virtual on-boarding program
- Access to more than 5,000 courses via LinkedIn Learning
- Education reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Headspace App
- Charity match program
- A dynamic and socially active work culture, including Employee Resource Groups
- Networking and career development opportunities
- And more!
Note: We are looking only for candidates willing to join us directly as W2 employees (No 3rd party candidates)
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.