As the world’s leading provider of cloud-based software and technology solutions delivered by managed service providers (MSPs), Datto believes there is no limit to what small and medium businesses can achieve with the right technology. Datto offers Unified Continuity, Networking, and Business Management solutions and has created a one-of-a-kind ecosystem of MSP partners. These partners provide Datto solutions to over one million businesses across the globe. Since its founding in 2007, Datto continues to win awards each year for its rapid growth, product excellence, superior technical support, and for fostering an outstanding workplace. With headquarters in Norwalk, Connecticut, Datto has global offices in the United Kingdom, Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Canada, Australia, China, and Singapore. Learn more at datto.com.
As a member of the Product Business Analytics Team, the Business Intelligence (BI) Analyst will use technical and business knowledge to aid in the analysis, reporting and presentation of key performance indicators to support various business operations across the department. This role requires candidates to have an understanding of relational database structures and KPI reporting. This position will also partner with various stakeholders to best support self-service analytics and business decisions for the departments within the Product organization.
The BI Analyst will use data to solve business problems and analyze metrics around specific reporting structures for various projects and teams within Product. They will work with the Sr. Manager of Business Analytics to create and maintain the business intelligence data sources, as well as various dashboards and ad hoc analysis and reporting.
- Leverage Datto technology and process knowledge to define and lead projects that improve our performance: requirements, problem solving, analytics, share actionable insights, build solutions, and drive change
- Partner with Product leaders to fulfill analytic and reporting requests as domain data leader and be available to support follow up projects, including projects aligned to our Unified Continuity product lines
- Assist in creating and supporting a self-service style analytics platform among stakeholders
- Translate business needs into research designs that generate actionable insights through professional reporting formats (presentation or written)
- Enhance our capability to analyze and “make sense” of large sets of data and translate findings in a visually appealing manner that tell a story and help us make better data driven decisions
- Define and track KPIs, benchmarks and aid in identifying and measuring successful and failing strategies.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement
- Continue education into emerging BI tools and processes
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required, concentration in computer science, information technology, mathematics, statistics, analytics, or economics preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in a business environment responsible for analysis and reporting.
- Advanced SQL, Tableau and Excel knowledge.
- High level of attention to detail, thoroughness and commitment to data quality and analytic rigor.
- Effective analytics problem solving skills; ability to turn a business problems into hypothesis driven analysis
- Excellent time management skills and an ability to manage multiple tasks and projects.
At Datto, we’re committed to cultivating a healthy, positive and growth enabling environment. We are proud of our wide ranging benefits package which is available to all full-time employees, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Generous paid paternal leave
- “Datto University” virtual on-boarding program
- Access to more than 5,000 courses via LinkedIn Learning
- Education reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Headspace App
- Charity match program
- A dynamic and socially active work culture, including Employee Resource Groups
- Networking and career development opportunities
- And more!
Note: We are looking only for candidates willing to join us directly as W2 employees (No 3rd party candidates)
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.