Datto® is the leading provider of comprehensive data backup, recovery and business continuity solutions with over five million customers and 8,000 partners worldwide. With its Total Data Protection Platform business data is protected everywhere it resides, whether on premise, in virtualized environments, in the cloud, and software-as-a-service (SaaS) applications including Salesforce, Google Apps, and more. Datto stores over 180 petabytes of cloud data worldwide for businesses ranging from Fortune 500 enterprises to small businesses.
Datto’s core technologies such as instant virtualization, Screenshot Backup Verification™, Inverse Chain Technology™, Backup Insights™, and end-to-end encryption are the cornerstones of its innovative solutions. Industry firsts also include 24/7/365 in-house tech support, white glove customer success support, and time-based cloud retention, that empowers its partners with predictable cloud billing. The Datto product line consists of the Datto SIRIS Family, Datto ALTO Family, Datto NAS and Datto Backupify.
The Project Manager role will sit in the New Product Initiative Project Management Office (PMO) and will focus on physical and virtual Product Launches as well as large release events like DattoCon and DattoCon Europe. This is an extremely cross-functional position that will require working directly with Product Management, Product Marketing, Hardware & Logistics, Training and Support teams to prepare for bringing products or changes to market.
- Primary Responsibilities
- Own Project Management of Tier 1 and Tier 2 Product Launches in support of Product, Product Marketing and other stakeholder teams
- Create tactical path of execution including outline of launch plan, milestones, tasks & timelines
- Work with teams to identify Roles & Responsibilities for all action items required for launch effort
- Proactively manage changes in project as well as expectations; identify risks & mitigations strategy
- Lead communication efforts required to ensure transparency for project/launch status
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations as needed
- Proposes recommendations and adjustments to approach, timing or budget as needed
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project
- Five years working within Project Management with at least 3 supporting technical product launches
- Experience with managing stakeholders at all levels, including leadership and executive team
- Experience with running large meetings/forums of 20+ individuals
- Proactive; able to identify next steps with limited information or direction
- Focused and versatile team player that is comfortable under pressure
- Ability to inspire confidence in sponsors and key stakeholders; resolve conflict & deliver tough messages with grace
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- PMP or Project Management certification a plus
- Sirius Decisions or Pragmatic Marketing certification a plus
Note: We are looking only for candidates willing to join us directly as W2 employees (No 3rd party candidates)
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices