As the world’s leading provider of cloud-based software and technology solutions delivered by managed service providers (MSPs), Datto believes there is no limit to what small and medium businesses can achieve with the right technology. Datto offers Unified Continuity, Networking, and Business Management solutions and has created a one-of-a-kind ecosystem of MSP partners. These partners provide Datto solutions to over one million businesses across the globe. Since its founding in 2007, Datto continues to win awards each year for its rapid growth, product excellence, superior technical support, and for fostering an outstanding workplace. With headquarters in Norwalk, Connecticut, Datto has global offices in the United Kingdom, Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Canada, Australia, China, and Singapore. Learn more at datto.com.
You will report to
The Software Engineer II will be responsible for assisting with the design and development of Autotask software products, as well as the communication, documentation, and execution of processes associated with these efforts.
- Create technical design documentation, project estimates, and project plans for small to mid-sized software projects
- Develop application components, web pages and functions
- Troubleshoot and correct existing software defects by making and testing code changes to ensure quality of fixes to applications
- Create and execute unit test plans
- Coordinate with quality assurance engineers to ensure application changes are well documented and understood.
- Coordinate with documentation authors to ensure changes are properly reflected in training materials and product documentation.
- Manage multiple tasks. Keep Software Development Manager and/or Project lead informed regarding prioritization conflicts and progress against project plans and projections.
- Understand and apply corporate coding and style guides
- Communicate status, progress and issues to Software Development Manager and/or Project lead
- B.S. or M.S. in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field (or equivalent experience)
- 3+ years of professional experience with Microsoft technology web based software development (.NET MVC Framework preferred, Windows Services)
- 3+ years of professional experience with relational databases (MS Sql Server preferred)
- Experience with object oriented design and development
- Experience with API development; RESTful, SOAP
- Familiarity with source code management tools (Git preferred)
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, design patterns, and algorithms
- Effective communication skills
- Must enjoy learning and be self-motivated with the ability to switch contexts as the needs of the business evolve
At Datto, we’re committed to cultivating a healthy, positive and growth enabling environment. We are proud of our wide ranging benefits package which is available to all full-time employees, including:
- “Datto University” virtual on-boarding program
- Employee Assistance Program
- LinkedIn Learning
- Headspace App
- Generous paid paternal leave
- A dynamic and socially active work culture, including Employee Resource Groups
- Networking and career development opportunities
Note: We are looking only for candidates willing to join us directly as W2 employees (No 3rd party candidates)
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.