As the world’s leading provider of cloud-based software and technology solutions delivered by managed service providers (MSPs), Datto believes there is no limit to what small and medium businesses can achieve with the right technology. Datto offers Unified Continuity, Networking, and Business Management solutions and has created a one-of-a-kind ecosystem of MSP partners. These partners provide Datto solutions to over one million businesses across the globe. Since its founding in 2007, Datto continues to win awards each year for its rapid growth, product excellence, superior technical support, and for fostering an outstanding workplace. With headquarters in Norwalk, Connecticut, Datto has global offices in the United Kingdom, Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Canada, Australia, China, and Singapore. Learn more at datto.com.
You will report to the Director of the Global Deal Desk.
Job Location: Reading or Hammersmith
- Serve as the point of contact and subject matter expert on direct deal constructs, special pricing, operations, approval policies, commercial terms, and troubleshooting of deal issues and sales escalations
- Partner with cross-functional teams including Finance and Legal to review or address revenue recognition or commercial contracting concerns for non-standard deal structures
- Ensure adherence to our quote-to-contract processes and policies for our commercial engine while effectively escalating new use-cases outside of the current approval matrix and providing appropriate proposed solutions to facilitate
- Craft and coordinate proposals between our Sales, Legal, and Finance teams
- Maintain scalable operations and feedback loop to increase deal velocity and efficiency
- Exercise your in-depth understanding of subscription models and service/product offerings for recommended contract structures
- Leverage Datto technology and process knowledge to make recommendations for GTM operations policies and procedures
- Strategize with GTM Executives and Sales Leadership to structure and position complex deals, which involves acting as the liaison between Sales and internal stakeholders including Accounting, Order Management, Legal, Product Marketing, etc.
- Work with GTM Management to identify and measure successful and failing strategies and identify opportunities for process improvement
- Provide Order Management and Accounting teams with context and clarification on complex deal structures and how they are to be treated as it relates to booking credits, invoicing, internal reporting, etc.
Education & Experience
- 4+ years of experience in a Deal Desk or GTM Operations function with a global sales team
- Bachelor’s degree (Graduate degree is a plus, but not required)
- Solid understanding and experience with CPQ (configure, price, quote) tools
- Proven ability to own and run complex deals end-to-end
- Self-motivated, critical thinker with prior experience with complex, cross-functional pricing and proposal execution across GTM, Legal, and Finance
- Positive team player and effective communicator with all levels of management and cross-functional organizations
- Flexible and supportive in a fast-moving and changing environment
- Collaborative participation in identifying and suggesting possible resolution in system gaps and processes to better streamline efficient workflow
- Experience using Salesforce, Zuora, NetSuite or comparable CPQ tools.
- Proactive mindset, strategic focus and business acumen
- Thorough understanding of standard business practices related to GTM Operations processes and systems.
- Experience with advanced analytics and statistical analysis
- Deep understanding of (and empathy for) the role of a sales professional
- Excellent Excel, Salesforce, and Tableau/Power BI/Sisense skills
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Charity match program
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.