As the world’s leading provider of cloud-based software and technology solutions delivered by managed service providers (MSPs), Datto believes there is no limit to what small and medium businesses can achieve with the right technology. Datto offers Unified Continuity, Networking, and Business Management solutions and has created a one-of-a-kind ecosystem of MSP partners. These partners provide Datto solutions to over one million businesses across the globe. Since its founding in 2007, Datto continues to win awards each year for its rapid growth, product excellence, superior technical support, and for fostering an outstanding workplace. With headquarters in Norwalk, Connecticut, Datto has global offices in the United Kingdom, Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Canada, Australia, China, and Singapore. Learn more at datto.com.
You will report to the Director, Software Engineering.
Does This Describe You:
You need to be sharp on technologies, have a high motivation for delivering the best service to our customers. There will be significant technical challenges in the job, since we work with the latest technologies. We are regarded as one of the leading companies in the world in our field.
A Look Inside the Job:
- Engage in the innovation of the Datto File protection service and the Datto Workplace service to make sure continues as a world leader as Cloud service provider for businesses.
- Help drive software development life cycle. Datto engineering are using a standardised workflow for our SDLC (Software Development
Life Cycle). This includes:
- Working with product management on product plans, release planning.
- Working with development in prioritising and planning tasks from inception, through development to deployment
- Following up on development task and making sure that efforts are complete according to schedules
- You are a computer scientist, IT engineer or similar and you have at least a few years of experience working as Software Engineering Manager
- Technical insight is important to be able to have useful status meetings with developers
- If you have knowledge of Java, SQL and Cloud solutions, it is an advantage
- Experience with working with different platforms, iOS, Android, Windows, MacOS and Web
- You have strong written and spoken communication skills, you speak and write English fluently
- Experience with Jira and Gitlab, this is not a requirement
- You have proven in previous jobs that you are able to manage development of very complex software solutions
- You shall be able to present recent work that demonstrates your skills
- You are a team player that has respect for your colleagues and understanding of what it means to work as a distributed team.
- You are a strong character who has confidence in the work delivered
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits and perks package, including:
- “Datto University” virtual on-boarding program complete with Datto Swag
- Private health insurance
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- LifeWorks offering discounts at local retailers/restaurants
- Income protection
- LinkedIn Learning
- Datto Academy Learning Platform
- Headspace App Subscription
- Talent Development Team focussed on your career advancement
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Charity match program
- Seasonal company events
- Enhanced paid time off inclusive of family policies
- Education reimbursement
Datto offers an informal atmosphere with a focus on developing exciting new features in an agile environment. You will have the opportunity to influence the company in the future. You will work with the absolute cutting edge of web/mobile technology
The position is full time based in our offices Lyngby Denmark.
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.