As the world’s leading provider of cloud-based software and technology solutions delivered by managed service providers (MSPs), Datto believes there is no limit to what small and medium businesses can achieve with the right technology. Datto offers Unified Continuity, Networking, and Business Management solutions and has created a one-of-a-kind ecosystem of MSP partners. These partners provide Datto solutions to over one million businesses across the globe. Since its founding in 2007, Datto continues to win awards each year for its rapid growth, product excellence, superior technical support, and for fostering an outstanding workplace. With headquarters in Norwalk, Connecticut, Datto has global offices in the United Kingdom, Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Canada, Australia, China, and Singapore. Learn more at datto.com.
We are seeking a dynamic competitive intelligence professional with channel, backup, and SaaS experience to join the team in EMEA. Starting from the strategic vision of Datto products and channel partners, this individual will be responsible for planning and executing a competitive intelligence program across Datto’s business lines including business continuity, networking and SaaS app protection. Working with a diverse, cross functional team of product management, engineering, marketing, and sales, this individual will analyze the market and competitive products to identify weaknesses and differentiators in business and technical capabilities. This individual will be responsible for generating and executing plans to displace competitive products, enabling sales and partners to efficiently sell Datto Products.
- Rapidly understand Datto products and their position in the market
- Own and drive competitive strategy and analysis for Datto
- Develop competitive battle-cards, presentations and other assets
- Assist sales with actionable competitive intelligence and strategy to win deals
- Rapid-response to competitive moves in the market
- Train sales team and partners on competitive differentiation on an ongoing basis
- Evangelize Datto competitive differentiation through internal channels
- Interface regularly with Datto sales, Technical field teams and Business Partners
- Support a global, rapidly expanding, marketing and sales organization to build out compelling competitive content
- Collaborate with the broader Marketing, Sales, Operations, and Product teams to translate competitive insights into concrete business recommendations
- Interact with Press and Analysts on competitive differentiation Business Travel and Physical Demands
- Business travel of approximately 25% yearly is expected for this position
Desired Skills & Expertise:
- Preferred Education -Bachelor’s degree or global equivalent in business or technology field
- An MBA is preferred
- Work Experience - 5 years minimum experience in product, sales or marketing for enterprise software vendors
- Demonstrated experience in developing key competitive messages and articulating competitive strategy
- Performed competitive research and develop solid conclusions and sound recommendations
- Published whitepapers, best practices, blog posts, competitive comparisons and product datasheets
- Thorough understanding of x86 backup, networking and SaaS software
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Good working knowledge of channel sales, ZFS, TCP/IP, Microsoft SQL, Exchange, Oracle, SharePoint
- Ability to translate conceptual ideas into compelling creative concepts, create high impact written competitive content which conveys complex subject matter clearly and accurately
- Managed complex projects, and prioritize and multi-task to meet deadlines
- Passion for excellence and attention to detail, determination to continuously improve results and contribution, strong desire to win on behalf of the team
- Collaborative with a can-do attitude
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Private medical insurance
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Fitness reimbursement
- Charity match program
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.