Datto, is looking for a Senior Software Engineer with experience with C++ to join our fast paced growing team.
As the world’s leading provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers (MSPs), Datto believes there is no limit to what small and medium businesses can achieve with the right technology. Datto offers Unified Continuity, Networking, and Business Management solutions and has created a unique ecosystem of MSP partners. These partners provide Datto solutions to over one million businesses across the globe. Since its founding in 2007, Datto has won awards for its rapid growth, product excellence, superior technical support, and for fostering an outstanding workplace. With headquarters in Norwalk, Connecticut, Datto has global offices in the United Kingdom, Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Canada, Australia, China, and Singapore.
A Look Inside the Job
As a Senior Software Engineer for Datto’s BCDR agents team, you will work in our scrum teams to enhance and protect the software that backs up data from our customer’s computers, 300K machines across all 7 continents.
The Datto BCDR agent is an application that runs in the user space and kernel space of the OS driver stack to perform block-level backups of physical, virtual, and public cloud based servers. Backup data is stored as raw disk images in a local ZFS-based disk array.
In the event of data loss, customers can recover data in a variety of ways including; restoring files or directories, mounting volumes as iSCSI targets or Samba shares, launching a backup as a local or remotely hosted virtual machine, or deploying a backup to physical hardware.
- More than someone who checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work and grow at Datto. If that's you, apply for the role!
- You have a passion for software engineering and continuous learning
- You offer new ideas and a unique point of view
- You look forward to collaborating with diverse teams
- You are a self-starter and thrive in a fast paced environment
- You eagerly seek and give help
- Transparency tops your list of values, and you contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion
- You are inquisitive and focused, and see every challenge as an opportunity
- You would rather create the future than wait for it
- You have excellent communication skills
In this job you will
- Design, test and build our Datto Cloud Continuity Agent product
- Contribute to the continual improvement of the architecture and code base
- Work with product management to develop new features that improve the MSP experience and ensure reliable and secure data backup and recovery for our customers
- Passionately promote collaboration, team growth and Datto’s core values
- Identify gaps in processes and tasks
- Be an advocate of continuous improvement who is a positive role model and inspires others to lead by example
- 3+ years of professional experience developing solutions in C++ and/or C
- B.S. or M.S. in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field (or equivalent experience)
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, design patterns, and algorithms
- Solid understanding of the OWASP Top 10 vulnerabilities
- Understanding of infrastructure (firewalls, iptables, ipsec, hypervisor, storage, monitoring, security, etc.)
- Experience with the Microsoft storage stack, including the Volume Shadow Copy Service
- Familiarity with ZFS or similar COW filesystems
- Understanding of authentication and authorization frameworks/standards
- Familiarity with hypervisors (VMWare, Hyper-v, VirtualBox, KVM, etc)
- Familiarity with PHP, Apache, Symfony, NGINX, Ubuntu