As the world’s leading provider of cloud-based software and technology solutions delivered by managed service providers (MSPs), Datto believes there is no limit to what small and medium businesses can achieve with the right technology. Datto offers Unified Continuity, Networking, and Business Management solutions and has created a one-of-a-kind ecosystem of MSP partners. These partners provide Datto solutions to over one million businesses across the globe. Since its founding in 2007, Datto continues to win awards each year for its rapid growth, product excellence, superior technical support, and for fostering an outstanding workplace. With headquarters in Norwalk, Connecticut, Datto has global offices in the United Kingdom, Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Canada, Australia, China, and Singapore. Learn more at datto.com.
We have an exciting position available for a Strategic Channel Sales Manager, located in Reading (remote work for the time being) to support our UK/I business. Reporting into the Sales Director, you will be part of a smart, engaged and forward thinking team responsible for managing and developing existing relationships with Datto’s strategic partners.
Does this describe you:
- Team player
- Results Orientated
- Solid negotiation skills
- Very coachable
- Confident in your sales ability, both in person and over the phone
- Able to build excellent rapport quickly
A look inside the job:
- Achievement of monthly, quarterly, and annual sales goals via a technical sales cycle; the ability to develop a pipeline and close business through solution selling is crucial
- Responsible for developing great relationships with existing channel partners/resellers in order to drive revenue and product adoption
- Implement account development plans and understand our partners’ business goals to optimise revenue growth and customer satisfaction with channel partners
- Develop opportunities through prospecting, leads driven via webinars, email promotions, trade shows and events, web inquiries and phone inquiries, etc. using consultative sales skills
- Participate in ad-hoc sales campaigns and programs to help generate new prospects/opportunities
- Pay attention to details - Utilise CRM to ensure activities are documented properly, opportunities are forecasted accurately and adequate information regarding the prospect and/or opportunity is communicated
- Maintain knowledge of market conditions and competitive activities
- Expand footprint of new products into base of existing customers; grow existing base through reaching out to end user customers via reselling
Does your profile include:
- Minimum 5+ years of sales experience; technical or solution selling sales experience is required
- Experience selling technology solutions to Director and C-Level executives to SMB and midmarket focused MSP’s and/or resellers
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills is a must
- Knowledge of and comfortable following a defined sales process
- Ability to generate accurate forecasts to properly project quarterly and yearly sales
- Experience generating 3x to 4x pipelines for B2B sales deals is a must
- Experience using consultative sales skills
- Must be organized and detail-oriented with excellent follow-up skills
- Basic computer knowledge required
- Ability to multi-task with several tools, work independently and prioritize tasks, honor rules of engagement, and follow policies, processes, and procedures
- Travel may be required occasionally based on business needs
Collaboration, teamwork, open communication, and transparency are vital to our success. Datto motivates and empowers our employees to grow through professional development, training opportunities, and internal promotions. Whether it's on one of our monthly happy hours, or other company functions; work hard play hard is not just a cliché here.
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Private medical insurance
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Charity match program
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.