Datto, the world’s leading provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers, is looking for a Sr. Quality Assurance Engineer to join a growing team.
Does this Describe You?
More than someone who checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work and grow at Datto. If that's you we hope you apply for the role!
You enjoy teamwork
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You would rather create the future than wait for it.
You’re customer-focused and take pride in your work.
You put extra attention into details with all you do. You care about the work you provide to customers and how it reflects on yourself and Datto. When you find or see something wrong, you attempt to resolve it. You look for opportunities to not only better yourself, but others around you. You aim to be the best that you can be and always do the right thing.
What you’ll do
As a Senior QA Engineer for the SaaS Protection platform at Datto, you will be a champion for quality for our partners and customers - ensuring that the SaaS Protection platform is of the highest quality.
- Ensure the quality of Datto’s software and services is top notch and meet the business needs of our customers
- Participate as a Quality ambassador, engineer and eyes of the customer as a member of an agile software development team
- Identify creative ways to break the products, uncover and report defects as well as validate solutions
- Write, review, and execute test plans/strategies for validating product/system functionality
- Assist in reproducing bugs reported outside of QA and triaging them with Product Management
- Increase coverage of automated testing by identifying opportunities to automate existing test plans and creating automated system level test plans
- Conduct system/E2E testing, and coordinate and execute release and deployment activities for SaaS Protection releases
- Maintain open communication with QA, Engineering, Product and Customer Experience teams about issues, risk, product quality and bugs
- Educate your peers in QA, Engineering, and Product on testing and QA; Partner with them to set product quality measurements and goals
- Maintain and communicate testing timelines, schedules and status reports
- Suggest and drive efforts to improve QA and release processes and methodology, test coverage, and product reliability
- Other duties as assigned by Management
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or Software Engineering; or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of hands-on experience with manual testing, testing applications, testing sites and automation
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Knowledge of internet technologies (e.g. HTTP, TCP/IP, DNS, APIs)
- Experience with software configuration management and version control tools (GitLab a plus)
- Comfortable executing automated tests with a framework such as pytest
- Experience with testing Rest APIs and with API testing tools such as Postman
- Comfortable with Linux and SQL
- Knowledge of testing methodologies and concepts
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to troubleshoot complex issues quickly and effectively
- Able to find opportunities for improvement and tackle them without external direction
- Ability to think outside of the box
- Dedication to collaboration
- Deep understanding of software product cycles
- Independent, driven, creative, and like to take ownership
- Experience with release management/engineering processes and activities
- Familiarity with object-oriented programming languages and concepts.
- Experience designing and implementing automation frameworks and tests using tools such as Pytest, Selenium, Java, etc…
- Proficient with shell scripting (equivalent Windows knowledge a plus)
- Familiar with CI/CD/DevOps concepts and best practices
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Kibana and with monitoring services such as Datadog and Grafana
- Knowledge of networking concepts (e.g., TCP/IP, Multicast, Unicast, VLAN, OSI, etc.)
- Knowledge of infrastructure (e.g., firewalls, iptables, ipsec, hypervisor, storage, monitoring, security, etc.) and experience working with a cloud solution
- Exposure to build, package, configuration and release management tools (eg. Jenkins, Ansible, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes)
Note: We are looking only for candidates willing to join us directly as W2 employees (No 3rd party candidates)
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Charity match program
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data following our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.