Datto, the world’s leading provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers, is looking for a Senior Site Reliability Engineer to join a growing team. Datto is a creative company at its core and is an exciting and dynamic workplace. We're 100% focused on our managed service provider partners and believe that with the right technology, managed service providers can change how businesses around the world operate. Datto provides data protection, business continuity, networking, business management, and file backup and sync products that empower and protect the clients of our 17,000+ partners. We're headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and have 22 offices worldwide. Learn more at datto.com.
The goals of Reliability Engineering Community at Datto are:
- Enable our product engineering teams to do their best work
- Be the conduit between software engineering, business data analytics and other engineering groups such as infrastructure, platform, security, support and database engineering
- Advocate for Reliability and Data-driven Engineering and its benefits across Datto
- Provide our product engineering teams with tools, knowledge and services to collect data and observe their respective applications
- Continuously research, prototype and evolve our technology, services and develop our next-best-practices
We jump in when needed to quickly help resolve service impacting issues. We continuously learn and collaboratively improve our incident management and detection. We provide valuable knowledge and guidance during incident retrospectives/post mortems and educate individual teams on data collection and analysis in order to improve the long-term reliability of our technology.
As a Staff Data Scientist for the BCDR Engineering group you will work with our Reliability Engineering, Business Data Analytics, and Cross Product teams to help us gain more insight from the vast amounts of data we collect every day. We need you to help us make more and better data-driven decisions while evolving our data framework. As a Staff Data Scientist/Engineer, you will be a thought leader and technical expert who facilitates critical data projects that move the needle on company objectives.
In this job you will:
- Work with business and engineering leaders to identify areas of opportunity where machine learning can accelerate business insights and actions
- Collaborate with engineers, data scientists, product managers, and business teams to make sure data products are aligned with business objectives and organizational prioritise
- Present compelling visual stories leveraging our rich data (to drive business action / to showcase or highlight key business insights)
- Helping transform our business thinking / analysis from a reactive stance to a proactive predictive approach
- Develop practices to measure and monitor the stability and effectiveness of the learning models to the business’s key performance indicators
- Support the prioritization and triaging of data-driven requests and ensure that data solutions are delivered in time to maximize business impact
- You will have the opportunity to change how we approach the topic of Data and help us implement the initial data ecosystem ( processes, standards, toolset, environments, models)
- Bachelor's degree in Data Science or Engineering, Statistics, Math, Computer Science, or similar.
- 5+ years of industry experience in applied data analysis, with demonstrated expertise in predictive modelling and regression analysis
- Competent in machine learning principles, modelling, feature development, classification testing and pipelining
- Proficiency and hands on experience with languages that support data modelling including but not limited to Python, R, Java, C-languages, Scala, Octave, MathLab etc.
- Broad familiarity of how to access and retrieve data from various sources such as but not limited to relational, Document-based, Time-Series DBs, Indexed, Key-Value and Object-driven databases
- Demonstrable history of devising and leading data-centered projects
- Well rounded communication skills, self-motivated & willing to learn continuously
- Ability to work independently and as part of a remote/hybrid team
- Experience working and guiding Software Engineering, Product and Data Analytics teams
- Experience with Linux and shell scripting (bash)
- Experience with various forms of CLOUD based data tooling and sources
- Data cataloguing
- Data pipelining
- Data framework creation
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible paid time off
- Paid parental leave
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Charity match program
- Education reimbursement
- Employee Resource Groups
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data following our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.