As the world’s leading provider of cloud-based software and technology solutions delivered by managed service providers (MSPs), Datto believes there is no limit to what small and medium businesses can achieve with the right technology. Datto offers Unified Continuity, Networking, and Business Management solutions and has created a one-of-a-kind ecosystem of MSP partners. These partners provide Datto solutions to over one million businesses across the globe. Since its founding in 2007, Datto continues to win awards each year for its rapid growth, product excellence, superior technical support, and for fostering an outstanding workplace. With headquarters in Norwalk, Connecticut, Datto has global offices in the United Kingdom, Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Canada, Australia, China, and Singapore. Learn more at datto.com.
A look at the role:
As a Staff Engineer for Datto’s Partner Portal, you will be part of an agile development organization directly supporting secure web applications, services, unified user experience, and microservice architecture development. In this role, you will work closely with our Security experts to enhance and protect the software powering the Partner Portal. The Partner Portal is a one-stop shop for our MSPs to manage their Datto assets across connected systems such as BCDR, SaaS, Networking, etc.
- Engage with Datto Security to champion improved security throughout the software development lifecycle
- Collaborate with Product Owners and Portal security champions to prioritize security related work
- Design and implement fixes for identified vulnerabilities
- Participate in design and code reviews with security as your primary focus
- Design and implement security specific automated testing
- Mentor team members on secure coding practices
- Contribute to the continual improvement of the architecture and codebase
Who you are:
- You have a passion for security, software engineering, quality and continuous learning
- Have solid understanding of the OWASP Top 10 vulnerabilities
- Independent, driven, creative, flexible, and enjoys taking ownership
- Comfortable communicating with a wide variety of stakeholders to understand and execute on technology roadmaps
- Passionate technologist looking to teach and learn from the best in software development
- 5+ years of experience in an object-oriented language (e.g. Java, PHP, C++, Scala)
- Strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, design patterns, and algorithms
- Experience with relational databases (e.g. MySQL)
- Experience with distributed version control software (e.g. Git, Subversion, etc.)
- Experience developing in a Linux environment
- Experience with API development (e.g. RESTful, JSON-RPC, SOAP)
- Familiarity with development frameworks (e.g. Akka, Zend, Spring, Symfony, .NET)
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Experience designing, building and deploying scalable, highly available systems
- Familiar with continuous integration, unit/automated testing, and quality delivery
- Familiar with agile development
More About Datto
- Datto, the world’s leading provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers, is looking for a Sr. Software Engineer to join a growing team. Datto is a creative company at its core and is an exciting and dynamic workplace. We're 100% focused on our managed service provider partners and believe that with the right technology, managed service providers can change how businesses around the world operate. Datto provides data protection, business continuity, networking, business management, and file backup and sync products that empower and protect the clients of our 14,000+ partners. We're headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and have 22 offices worldwide. You will report to the Manager of Software Engineering.
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible working hours
- Unlimited paid time off
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Charity match program
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data following our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.