As the world’s leading provider of cloud-based software and technology solutions delivered by managed service providers (MSPs), Datto believes there is no limit to what small and medium businesses can achieve with the right technology. Datto offers Unified Continuity, Networking, and Business Management solutions and has created a one-of-a-kind ecosystem of MSP partners. These partners provide Datto solutions to over one million businesses across the globe. Since its founding in 2007, Datto continues to win awards each year for its rapid growth, product excellence, superior technical support, and for fostering an outstanding workplace. With headquarters in Norwalk, Connecticut, Datto has global offices in the United Kingdom, Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Canada, Australia, China, and Singapore. Learn more at datto.com.
The primary objective of Problem Manager, Azure is to prevent problems and their resulting incidents from occurring and to minimize the impact of incidents we cannot prevent. This position may not be limited to the Azure product and will manage the life cycle of all problems, providing a consistent method for everyone to follow when working to resolve severe or recurring issues regarding services.
Does this describe you:
- A leader
- A problem solver
- A team player
- Detail oriented
A look inside the job:
- Work within the Problem Management process for tagging
- Help validate/process/refine cases as needed for JIRA/Service Cloud.
- Tagging, prioritization, and categorization of all problems
- Root cause analysis of all problems
- Speed and resource allocation of an investigation depending on severity
- Extensive testing of all potential workaround resolutions
- Diagnosis and resolution/workaround discovery for all Problems
- Communication of known issues, workarounds, and release notes to Support staff
- Maintain and own priorities on assigned JIRA/Service Cloud projects, working with the rest of the assigned team to refine their priorities and be able to present to project owners as support priorities, collaborating with the L3’s and support team members for an accurate view of frequency/impact
- Continue to follow through with product teams to ensure that high priority issues are addressed in a timely manner
- Escalate to management as needed
- Be able to produce necessary artifacts from the meetings (Documents from scrum team meetings)
- Communication of all workarounds, resolutions, status to Support, Incident Management, Knowledge Management (Training), and Change Management (QA / Engineering)
- Major/High Problem Review
- Update Dashboards/Metrics with latest status
- Refine a selected Open/Close code, reporting on its efficiency and determining action items from the resulting analysis
- Problem reporting and Known Issues Board upkeep
- Problem Repository maintenance
- Analysis of incidents with the goal of revealing underlying problems as a part of the shift to more proactive Problem Management
- 2-3 years Tech Support Experience at an Advanced Level Management Experience
- Advanced understanding of ITIL, Agile Methodologies such as Scrum
- IT Service Management certifications
- Experience with JIRA, Salesforce Service Cloud systems
- 1+ years of experience with Azure concepts/administration
- 1+ year supervisory/management experience
Note: We are looking only for candidates willing to join us directly as W2 employees (No 3rd party candidates)
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Charity match program
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.