Datto is the world’s leading provider of IT solutions delivered through Managed Service Providers, and we’re looking for a Solutions Engineer to join a growing team. Datto is a creative technology company at its core and is an exciting and dynamic workplace. We're 100% focused on our Managed Service Provider partners and believe that with the right technology, Managed Service Providers can change how businesses around the world operate.
Datto provides data protection, business continuity, networking, business management, and file backup and sync products that empower and protect the clients of our 14,000+ partners. We're headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and have 22 offices worldwide.
Join our team and kick-start your career. You will help develop and empower technical individuals working for Datto channel partners, as well as working directly with the Datto Sales team. You will also get the chance to join a company that invests in its staff and prides itself on professional development and ongoing opportunities for career progression. In this role you will support the sale of Datto’s solutions to MSPs and their clients. Solutions Engineers at Datto support the full pre-sales cycle from a technical perspective by working closely with internal Account Executives and Datto’s Partners. You will report to the EMEA Solutions Engineer Manager.
A Look Inside the Job:
- Present technical product demos to potential customers for medium to large opportunities, remotely and in person
- Provide technical pre-sales support to Datto sales teams and Datto partners, throughout the sales cycle
- Maintain detailed records in SalesForce tracking workload and Datto Partner technology needs
- Contribute to competitive intelligence content
- Up-to-date knowledge of the industry, technical and competitive landscapes
- Solutions Engineers are predominantly office-based, but there will be some domestic and international travel
- Conduct remote webinars along with speaking at industry and Datto-sponsored events
- Utilize career knowledge to help guide and mentor junior Solutions Engineers
- Build knowledge across all Datto solutions
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- 4+ years of industry experience in a pre-sales technical role
- An understanding of typical MSP services, business models, and market
- Knowledge of virtualization technologies such as VMware and Hyper-V
- Familiarity with a Professional Service Automation (PSA) or ticketing platform
- Familiarity with a Remote Monitoring and Management (RMM) tool
- Knowledge of common operating system and server technologies (Windows, Linux, VMware, Hyper-V)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively present technical and business-related subjects to all audiences
- Ability to work in a distributed team across multiple time zones and a globally distributed workforce
- Effective peer relationship skills and ability to lead from within
- Fluent German
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and techniques
- Willingness and capability to skill up other Solutions Engineers
- Knowledge and understanding of industry trends, new technologies and the ability to apply these to customer architectures to drive outcomes
- Highly self-motivated and able to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills, drive for results, interpersonal savvy, and customer focus
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.