As the world’s leading provider of cloud-based software and technology solutions delivered by managed service providers (MSPs), Datto believes there is no limit to what small and medium businesses can achieve with the right technology. Datto offers Unified Continuity, Networking, and Business Management solutions and has created a one-of-a-kind ecosystem of MSP partners. These partners provide Datto solutions to over one million businesses across the globe. Since its founding in 2007, Datto continues to win awards each year for its rapid growth, product excellence, superior technical support, and for fostering an outstanding workplace. With headquarters in Norwalk, Connecticut, Datto has global offices in the United Kingdom, Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Canada, Australia, China, and Singapore. Learn more at datto.com.
About the Datto Software Engineering team…
Our engineering teams work directly with stakeholders in our product, sales, and technical support departments to build the right solutions, the right way, so we can continuously deliver reliable, high-quality products to our MSP partners. We speak many languages like Scala, PHP, Java, C#, Ruby, English, French, Spanish, Korean and Mandarin to name a few, but what’s most important is technical excellence agnostic of language. We embrace Agile principles and bring those values to how we work. Collaboration, teamwork, open communication, and transparency are vital to our success. Our team embodies these values as we work together to solve complex challenges. Trust and accountability are the pillars of our company, and having a can-do attitude is central to being a team member.
1)B.S. or M.S. in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field (or equivalent experience)
2) 5+ years of professional experience with object-oriented or functional programming using languages such as Golang, Java, PHP, Python, C++, or C#
3) Familiarity/Experience with cloud platforms like AWS, Azure or Google Cloud platform. 4) Experience with API development; RESTful, JSON-RPC
5) Experience with relational and non-relational databases and tools, such as MySQL, Cassandra, Redis or Kafka and Elasticsearch
6) Experience developing and supporting of network security equipment and systems, such as L2/L3 firewall, DPI, IDS/IPS, SD-Security, and SSL/VPN;
7) Understanding of networking protocols (e.g. DNS, HTTPS, IPSEC, 802.11ac/ax, QoS, etc.) 8) Understanding of the OSI model, specifically TCP/IP
9) Familiarity with continuous integration, testing tools, workflows and source code management tools (git).
10) Strong Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, design patterns, and algorithms 11) Proficient with Linux and shell scripting
Effective communication skills
Must enjoy learning and be self-motivated with the ability to switch contexts as the needs of the business evolve
Familiarity with Agile/Scrum software development processes and methodologies.
Note: We are looking only for candidates willing to join us directly as W2 employees (No 3rd party candidates)
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.
Sorry, your application was not successfully submitted
Hurray! Your application was successfully submitted