As the world’s leading provider of cloud-based software and technology solutions delivered by managed service providers (MSPs), Datto believes there is no limit to what small and medium businesses can achieve with the right technology. Datto offers Unified Continuity, Networking, and Business Management solutions and has created a one-of-a-kind ecosystem of MSP partners. These partners provide Datto solutions to over one million businesses across the globe. Since its founding in 2007, Datto continues to win awards each year for its rapid growth, product excellence, superior technical support, and for fostering an outstanding workplace. With headquarters in Norwalk, Connecticut, Datto has global offices in the United Kingdom, Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Canada, Australia, China, and Singapore. Learn more at datto.com.
You will report to the Director, Data & Analytics.
As a member of the Data & Analytics Team, the Sr. Manager will use technical and business knowledge to develop strategic management of disparate data sources, reporting, and overall KPI strategy that aids in various business operations aligned to Product Analytics. The Sr. Manager will partner with the Product and Engineering organization to support data driven decisions. The position also will be focused on developing organization-wide curated data sets as well as reporting metrics and preparing statistical data analyses.
This role will manage a team of analysts and have responsibility for strategic design and maintenance of business intelligence applications, data sources, and users. The role will lead data analytics projects and the delivery of those results, facilitate team discussions around reporting and analytic strategies, and provide expertise in the development, usability and presentation of data.
A Look Inside the Job:
- Build and manage an Analytics team, including performance management, goal setting, career coaching, etc. to deliver business intelligence capabilities for Datto globally, as well as assisting with information and process architecture
- Partner with Product Leaders and be their strategic information resource to help them understand the different sources of voluminous data available (raw engineering team metrics, bug reports, support customer touchpoint data, granular product usage logs, sales results, etc.), analyze the same, and assist stakeholders in drawing sound conclusions from often conflicting information
- Understand, conceptualize and implement analytic solutions to guide a team to improve data quality and consistency and to establish procedures and methodology to ensure data accuracy and consistency of use.
- Lead, influence and identify new data sources to guide the team to develop new and/or improved processes for data acquisition and analysis to improve operational management of the business while collaborating with internal business functions and requirements.
- Manage and manipulate multiple large data sets, as well as work with SQL, python and relational database systems to collect relevant data.
- Create and lead best practices in design, execution, process and delivery.
- Continuously seek feedback to further improve deliverables. Provide constructive feedback to team members.
- Ensure ongoing evaluation and reflection to identify opportunities for improvement to promote agility and continue to provide high quality service.
- Demonstrate management & leadership dimension; work with & through others, as part of a global team, to meet group objectives & deadlines. Display excellent interpersonal, communication & leadership skills.
- Bachelor's degree and 5+ years relevant management experience. Graduate work and career experience in applied analytics, business intelligence and /or data science preferred.
- Excellent management skills with proven ability to identify, recruit, develop and retain top talent.
- Thought leadership skills with the ability to partner with the business to deliver high quality service and results.
- Strong business operations, project management, initiative, problem solving, time management, prioritization, analytical & organizational skills.
- Strong communication and presentation skills are required to interact with all levels of management, including key Stakeholders and the Executive Management Team.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills Comfortable interacting with a variety of levels within the organization and with external constituents (i.e. Board of Directors, Independent Auditors, etc.)
- High degree of technical competency required; Skill with SQL, Tableau, Python and Excel highly desired.
- Experience building data warehouses with star schemas and using cloud based data stores preferred.
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Fitness reimbursement
- Charity match program
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.