Director IT Architecture & Quality Assurance
Datto, the world’s leading provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers, is looking for a Director of IT Architecture & Quality to join a growing team. Datto is a creative company at its core and is an exciting and dynamic workplace. We're 100% focused on our managed service provider partners and believe that with the right technology, managed service providers can change how businesses around the world operate. Datto provides data protection, business continuity, networking, business management, and file backup and sync products that empower and protect the clients of our 14,000+ partners. We're headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and have 22 offices worldwide.
Datto is looking for a highly experienced IT Director to oversee the organization's architecture, end to end testing and release management capabilities. This role will help to bring cohesion across the IT applications and improve both the speed and quality of delivery. In this role we are looking for someone with a proven track record of leading architecture teams as well as experience driving quality improvements; including automation and devops. This individual will have a team of direct reports supporting architecture, testing and release management capabilities.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Successfully deliver key technology solutions to support Datto’s evolving application landscape.
- Drive the solution architecture vision for end to end business applications. Investigate, prove out and incorporate new technologies and capabilities as required.
- Define patterns and best practices for data usage, design, engineering and development.
- Lead, mentor and provide design and architecture for delivery teams. Collaborate with product and engineering leads and senior management on product and delivery requirements, roadmaps and vision.
- Lead our Quality Assurance and Testing team to define and oversee the related practices, including the measures and metrics that ensure process consistency and continuous improvement.
- Influence solutions development and delivery strategies through consulting of QA and monitoring imperatives.
- Maintain business relationships with architects and organizational leaders to understand current and emerging business needs.
- Provide guidance to direct reports in the delivery of complex projects.
- Proactively monitor and manage delivery of projects and programs, removing barriers to delivery and ensuring high quality outcomes.
- Ensure quality is embedded throughout processes, and specifically impose rigor on any production migrations while moving the organization towards more devops.
- Ensure that talent development and staffing activities are effectively meeting the current and future needs of organization.
Education & Experience
Undergraduate degree in computer science or a related field ideally combined with an advanced technical degree.
Knowledge, Skills & Competencies
- Well-grounded knowledge of engineering and continuous delivery practices.
- Proven leadership skills, demonstrated ability to mentor, influence and partner with application architects, engineering and product teams to deliver scalable robust data solutions.
- Significant experience working in complex data environments in an engineering, design and architecture capacity.
- Proficiency at understanding enterprise architecture concepts, master data management, data modeling and design techniques.
- Strong skills and demonstrated focus in logical and component architecture design and deployment.
- Ability to lead organizations with broad scope, coalescing disparate individual functions into organizational and technical solutions that exceed business needs.
- Proven leadership and management skills with the ability to direct and oversee the work of others.
- Broad knowledge of IT and systems architecture, which involves understanding the interrelationships of software development, systems engineering, project management, data management, network management, architecture, computer operations.
- Ability to effectively work with all levels of IT and business management, contributing to, and influencing quality outcomes.
- Critical thinking skills and the ability to balance the long-term "big picture" and short-term implications of decisions.
- Experience using quantitative and qualitative analytical skills to solve problems.
- Exceptional interpersonal and negotiation skills and abilities to influence others.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills along with formal presentation skills to present a wide range of information to a variety of audiences, internal or external.
- Proven ability to develop senior level IT professionals and managers.
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible working hours
- Unlimited paid time off
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Fitness reimbursement
- Charity match program
- Transit subsidy in select cities
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.