This person owns IT’s Agile Office in respect to standards, processes, communications and training. Responsible for planning and coordinating the resources to deploy major releases of new and existing applications as well as overall or subsets of systems, within an Agile Scaled Model. Projects within the program will most likely be very cross functional in nature where multiple teams will need to effectively collaborate and deliver to a predicted cost, time, and quality estimates. The IT Agile Director will have a broad range of understanding for IT technologies and business processes. Provides leadership and oversight on all aspects of the program, multiple cross-team projects or enterprise programs translating business requirements into systems solutions. Manages the delivery of the functional design, technical design, build, test, and readiness components of the program. Establishes and maintains a close-working relationship with all project stakeholders and technical staff to ensure alignment between the solution being delivered and the business goals. Possesses the cross functional expertise and required technical knowledge to manage all aspects of an Information Technology program (applications, infrastructure, networks, and security).
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The Director manages/orchestrates large scale programs, and ensures scrum masters or project managers adhere to agile program management theory, practices and drives process improvements across all the teams within the program. Provides mentoring and coaching to other team members.
- Focus on alignment with business strategy. Manages stakeholder engagement and expectations. Supports the Business KPIs and helps produce reporting metrics to strategize ROI and value delivery.
- Day to day resource management of the program team ensuring effective delivery of tasks, deliverables, and milestones on time on budget and within specification and or agreed upon program scope.
- Helps development managers create and maintain resource plans, maintains quality and focus, monitors and controls expectations.
- Successfully manages end to end solution delivery process for one or more large scale IT projects or oversees multiple medium to large size projects with minimal direction. Projects and Programs will most likely be very cross functional in nature where multiple teams will need to effectively collaborate together.
- Provides leadership to scrum team members assigned within the program on associated work tasks in a matrix environment. May provide input to employee performance.
- Educates Business Partners on appropriate technical solutions. Has the ability to influence decision makers to steer technical decisions and designs on the project. Communicates delivery status, issue management and resolution.
- Must fully understand how to use and ensure data is accurately maintained for the program within JIRA, an Agile tracking tool.
- Ability to lead, motivate and direct a workgroup.
- Communication skills.
- Agile Project management skills, specifically Scrum.
- Experience directly managing a team of reports (5-10 people).
- Understanding of the business environment.
- Problem solving skills.
- Financial and analytical experience.
- Ability to drive accurate and timely decisions.
DIRECT TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- They own the processes and reporting to keep the entire program moving forward
- Owns the tracking and reporting of development work across the program (JIRA)
- Owns the IT Agile Office maintaining program wide onboarding, documentation organization, processes, standards, internal and external program communications, internal program alignment and agile training.
- Organized and works with Program Response Team to enable intake and tracking program wide initiatives
- Drives forum to discuss/debate need and impact, decisions on tradeoffs, and dependencies
- Directly manages and coaches the Scrum Masters of the IT Program
- Guarantees program Scrum Masters are aligned and working towards shared goals (SoS)
- Accountable for reporting on change impact to quarterly roadmaps
- Ensures alignment with Product Manager and Program Release Manager
- Hosts the program wide Quarterly Planning, Demos and Retrospectives
- Creates and maintains program processes and standards
- Maintains program onboarding documentation and works with the Program Response Team on continuous improvement
- Maintains the program roster and works with resource managers on coordination and career growth opportunities within the program
- Organizes with the Product Manager scheduled program communications to Stakeholders
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible working hours
- Unlimited paid time off
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Fitness reimbursement
- Charity match program
- Transit subsidy in select cities
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.