As the world’s leading provider of cloud-based software and technology solutions delivered by managed service providers (MSPs), Datto believes there is no limit to what small and medium businesses can achieve with the right technology. Datto offers Unified Continuity, Networking, and Business Management solutions and has created a one-of-a-kind ecosystem of MSP partners. These partners provide Datto solutions to over one million businesses across the globe. Since its founding in 2007, Datto continues to win awards each year for its rapid growth, product excellence, superior technical support, and for fostering an outstanding workplace. With headquarters in Norwalk, Connecticut, Datto has global offices in the United Kingdom, Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Canada, Australia, China, and Singapore. Learn more at datto.com.
As a member of the Partner Digital Experience team, the Partner Experience Sr. Manager will apply product management functional expertise and use critical thinking, data-backed analysis, and voice of the customer insight to help Datto transform the digital experience of our MSP partners. Our team’s goals are to make Datto easier to do business with, drive self-serve and personalized experiences, and increase partner engagement.
This leader will partner closely with our agile technology teams, and will work collaboratively with leaders around the organization, including Sales, Finance, and Customer Success. The leader will own and drive partner experience projects and products.
Reports to Senior Director of Product, Digital Experience.
Does This Describe You: You love working with technology teams to build customer experiences that are intuitive and frictionless, and that drive engagement and usage. You are a collaborative, visionary problem solver with a passion for using data, customer insights, and applying critical thinking skills to inform strategic decisions.
A Look Inside the Job:
- Partner Experience Strategy and Roadmap Development
- Support the development of the partner experience strategy and roadmap.
- Partner Insights and Voice of the Customer (VoC)
- Use surveys and interviews to get at the underlying reasons for partner pain and partner requests, the true needs of partners, and to test hypotheses.
- Synthesize findings from surveys and interviews and bring the partner’s voice into the creation process.
- KPIs, Analytics, and Business Cases
- Develop actionable data-backed insights to inform key business decisions and guide roadmap priorities. Structure and conduct analyses; synthesize results.
- Create business cases to make recommendations on priorities.
- Develop KPIs, usage and growth metrics, and quality benchmarks to measure and track performance and success of key initiatives.
- Monitor KPIs to assess success; track and communicate progress accordingly.
- Proactively make recommendations based on how products/initiatives are tracking against KPIs and based on ongoing partner feedback.
- Process Analysis
- Conduct current state process analysis, and develop desired state processes to guide process and product designs.
- Requirements and Specifications
- Recommend and make judgments on scope for MVP releases.
- Own and document requirements and specifications, collaborating with leaders, technical partners, and subject matter experts.
- Prioritize and make tradeoffs based on data- and fact-based opportunities to maximize business impact and partner satisfaction relative to effort.
- Provide input on the user interface as part of the product design process.
- Provide input to technical partners on prioritizing backlog, based on business value.
- Work with stakeholders to quickly resolve product design and delivery issues and support/drive escalations where required
- Launch, Communications, and Change Management
- Develop and own release plans.
- Partner with GTM and subject matter experts to create internal and external facing launch materials, including training assets, FAQs, and communications.
- Equivalent of 6+ years in digital customer experience, product management, or similar digital experience.
- Demonstrated track record of leading & driving cross-functional teams, and of leading product/customer experience product launches.
- Experience in a strategic consulting role is desirable.
Competencies and Expertise:
- Technically adept with demonstrated experience in product management, and in bringing software products to market.
- Skilled in critical thinking and problem solving.
- Expertise in leveraging data and conducting analysis to develop actionable insights, and to inform strategic decisions and product roadmaps.
- Proficient at defining, analyzing, documenting, and communicating product and software requirements in an agile software development setting
- Experience in conducting customer interviews, and other forms of gathering customer insights.
- Excellent communications, & stakeholder management abilities.
- Comfortable with ambiguity; strong intellectual curiosity; bias for action.
- Ability to translate customer pain points into strategic, operational and/or technological solutions.
- Strong business acumen and judgment.
- Customer-first orientation.
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint / G-Suite equivalent
- Practical knowledge of SQL and data architectures desirable.
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Fitness reimbursement
- Charity match program
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.