Datto, the world's leading provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers, is looking for a Senior Scrum Master to join a growing team. Datto is a creative company at its core and is an exciting and dynamic workplace. We're 100% focused on our managed service provider partners and believe that with the right technology, managed service providers can change how businesses around the world operate. Datto provides data protection, business continuity, networking, business management, and file backup and sync products that empower and protect the clients of our 14,000+ partners. We're headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and have 22 offices worldwide.
Datto is seeking a Scrum Master with strong leadership and coaching skills who can direct Product and Software Engineering teams down the road to proper agile processes. The ideal candidate is a pragmatic servant leader who contributes to:
Product Delivery – we believe in the integrity of our commitments as a team and look for a leader who can coach our teams as such. Also, we are obsessed with relevance, making sure that everything the team does is relevant to our customers and our market.
Team Growth – the ultimate measure of a leader’s success is the growth of the people around them. The Scrum Master’s role is a fundamental component of this process. By encouraging courageous and transparent conversations, the Scrum Master will be instrumental in developing excellent team chemistry and better products.
About the Role:
Day-to-day work includes facilitating all scrum events for your respective teams while also coaching team members to follow Agile best practices. Our Scrum Masters are self-directed; they develop transparent project tracking tools, compile useful predictability metrics, and apply best-fit solutions based on team feedback. In the role of Scrum Master you will be looked upon to foster the growth and adaptation of Agile values within the organization as a whole.
- Responsible for working with Datto Product and Engineering teams using agile values and Datto’s use of the Scrum framework to successfully deliver solutions to market
- Provide appropriate progress transparency to business stakeholders
- Act as servant leader for your respective agile teams during Scrum events, including sprint planning, backlog refinement, daily scrum, sprint review, release planning, and sprint retrospective
- Champion the value flow delivery of the Product roadmap items by facilitating and maintaining mission critical activities and artifacts; including epic level narratives, story mapping, planning, and all Go-To-Market tasks
- Coach team members on agile principles and provide general guidance on agile best practices
- Champion and reinforce agile principles and best practices across 2-4 Scrum teams
- Ensure core agile principles are followed and practiced within your Scrum teams
- Report-up sprint / epic status and risks utilizing designated Scrum artifacts
- Facilitate discussion, decision-making, and conflict resolution, including impediment removal
- Influence and recommend continuous improvement processes to enhance productivity, responsiveness, and quality
- Assist key business users (Product Owners) with backlog creation, grooming and upkeep
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Deep understanding of agile software development methodologies and procedures
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, in a distributed team setting
- Strong presentation curation and content delivery to a wide variety of audiences from Engineers to Executive Leadership
- Self-directed, self-motivated, and the ability to handle multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Ability to understand and organize around technical issues at a high level; previous engineering experience is a plus
- Experience working with an agile methodology on large scale, technically complex projects
- True servant leadership mastery, including strong facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continuous improvement mindset, team empowerment, and transparency
- Ability to work in a dynamic and flexible environment, while instilling agile mentalities from the top-down
- Experience working with globally distributed engineering teams on complex cross-team initiatives
- Demonstrates clear understanding and application of integrated organizational change management
- Ability to take initiative and apply critical thinking techniques to analyze problems, develop solutions and manage risk
Preferred Experience / Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field, or equivalent experience
- Agile Certifications: Certified Scrum Master, Certified Product Owner, Certified Scrum Professional/Trainer/Coach, Certified Scrum Developer, PSM I, PSM II, PSM III, etc.
- 8+ years experience as a Scrum Master within an agile engineering environment
- Highly skilled with or certified in JIRA administration (or similar project / backlog tracking tools)
- Technically proficient with a background in Software Engineering, QA, Release Management, Process Engineering, or DevOps
- Experience with agile adoption, agile transformation, and change management
- Experience with Networking Products and SaaS applicationsExperience with hardware or cloud based backup solutions (Veeam, AWS, etc)
- Experience with VMware or Hyper-V environments
- Experience with programming in Linux / php / Symfony framework
- Experience with continuous deployment processes and tools
- Experience with qTest and automated regression
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Fitness reimbursement
- Charity match program
- Transit subsidy in select cities
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.