Datto, the world's leading provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers, is looking for an Account Manager (Channel Sales) to join a growing team.
Datto is a creative company at its core and is an exciting and dynamic workplace. We're 100% focused on our managed service provider partners and believe that with the right technology, managed service providers can change how businesses around the world operate.
Datto provides data protection, business continuity, networking, business management, and file backup and sync products that empower and protect the clients of our 14,000+ partners. We're headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and have 22 offices worldwide.
A look inside the job:
- Achievement of monthly, quarterly, and annual sales goals via a technical sales cycle; the ability to develop a pipeline and close business through solution selling is crucial
- Responsible for developing great relationships with existing channel partners/resellers in order to grow revenue
- Implement account development plans and understand our partners’ business goals to optimize revenue growth and customer satisfaction with channel partners
- Develop opportunities through prospecting, leads driven via webinars, email promotions, trade shows and events, web inquiries and phone inquiries, etc. using consultative sales skills
- Participate in ad-hoc sales campaigns and programs to help generate new prospects/opportunities
- Pay attention to details - Utilize CRM to ensure activities are documented properly, opportunities are forecasted accurately, and adequate information regarding the prospect and/or opportunity is communicated
- Maintain knowledge of market conditions and competitive activities
- Expand footprint of new products into base of existing customers; grow existing base through reaching out to end user customers via reselling
- Experience in technical or solution selling through a channel
- Fluent German and English
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills; required
- Knowledge of and comfortable following a defined sales process
- The ability to generate accurate forecasts to properly project quarterly and yearly sales
- Being organized and detail-oriented with excellent follow-up skills
- Basic computer knowledge; required
- The ability to multi-task with several tools, work independently and prioritize tasks, honor rules of engagement, and follow policies, processes, and procedures
By submitting an application, you consent to our processing of your data in order to consider you for the position you applied for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.