Datto, the world’s leading provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers, is looking for a Scrum Master to join a growing team. Datto is a creative company at its core and is an exciting and dynamic workplace. We're 100% focused on our managed service provider partners and believe that with the right technology, managed service providers can change how businesses around the world operate. Datto provides data protection, business continuity, networking, business management, and file backup and sync products that empower and protect the clients of our 14,000+ partners. We're headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and have 22 offices worldwide.
As a Scrum Master, you possess strong coaching skills and can direct Product and Software Engineering teams down the road to proper agile processes. Daily work includes facilitating all scrum events for your teams while also coaching team members to follow Agile best practices. You will be looked upon to foster the growth and adaptation of Agile values within the organization as a whole. This position reports to the Director of Agile Project Management.
Does This Describe You:
You love a challenge, are a fantastic teammate and know how to provide information based on your audience.
A Look Inside the Job:
- Partner with Datto Product and Engineering teams using agile values and Datto’s use of the Scrum framework to provide solutions to market
- Provide appropriate progress transparency to business stakeholders
- Act as a servant leader for your agile teams during Scrum events, including sprint planning, backlog grooming, daily scrum, sprint review, release planning, and sprint retrospective
- Maintain sprint schedules and scrum artifacts
- Coach team members on agile principles and provide general guidance on agile best practices
- Ensure core agile principles are followed and practiced within your Scrum teams
- Track and communicate team velocity and sprint progress to teams and management
- Encourage discussion, decision-making, and conflict resolution, including impediment removal
- Recommend continuous improvement processes to enhance productivity, responsiveness, and quality
- Assist essential our users (Product Owners) with backlog creation, grooming, and upkeep
- Complete understanding of agile software development methodologies and procedures
- Experienced at handling multiple, competing tasks simultaneously
- Experience with understanding and organizing around technical issues at a high level
- Experience working with an agile methodology on large-scale, technically complex projects
- Knowledge of leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, and conflict resolution
- Experience with instilling agile mentalities from the top-down
- Bachelor's degree in related field
- Agile Certifications: Certified Scrum Master, Certified Product Owner, Certified Scrum Professional/Trainer/Coach, Certified Scrum Developer, etc.
- Experience as a Scrum Master within an agile engineering environment
- Experience with JIRA, or similar project/backlog tracking tools
- Experience with Agile adoption and change management
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible working hours
- Unlimited paid time off
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Fitness reimbursement
- Charity match program
- Transit subsidy in select cities
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.
Sorry, your application was not successfully submitted
Hurray! Your application was successfully submitted