Datto, the world’s leading provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers, is looking for an Assistant Accountant to join a growing team. Datto is a creative company at its core and is an exciting and dynamic workplace. We're 100% focused on our managed service provider partners and believe that with the right technology, managed service providers can change how businesses around the world operate. Datto provides data protection, business continuity, networking, business management, and file backup and sync products that empower and protect the clients of our 14,000+ partners. We're headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and have 22 offices worldwide.
Be the first Australian hire for a dynamic and growing accounting team! You will report to the International Accounting Manager.
Does This Describe You:
You're a creative thinker who loves working with different types of people!
A Look Inside the Job:
- Primary responsibility for AsiaPac billing, communication and collection efforts
- Provide customer service when communicating with our customers/internal sales team
- Partner with other internal departments to reduce payment issues with clients and improve the aged debt days
- Support with the accounts payable team to code and process invoices
- Provide support for future statutory audits for AsiaPac entities and communicate regularly with local audit teams
- Support the month-end close process by owning certain balance sheet reconciliations for accounts payable, prepayments and accruals
- Collaborate with the corporate reporting team to provide analyses and commentary on monthly operating results
- Assist the corporate tax team with the preparation and submission of GST returns
- Provide local support to corporate teams including legal, corporate sourcing, payroll and tax
- Identify and recommend opportunities for improvement in existing processes consistent with company policies
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance
- 3-5 years of accounting experience working in an Accounting department
- CA/CPA or equivalent qualified
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles and processes
- Experience handling confidential information in a discreet manner
- You notice the little details
- You have fantastic people skills you can use to deal effectively with a variety of interpersonal relationships and situations
- Experience cultivating strong working relationships with personnel from diverse areas of responsibility within the organization and work with employees (at all levels of the company), customers and vendors in a professional manner
- Experience working for a US-based entity
- Experience working across APAC
Note: Only candidates who are Australian Citizens or hold perm residency will be considered.
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Free lunch every Friday
- Generous paid time off policy
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Fitness reimbursement
- Charity match program
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.
Sorry, your application was not successfully submitted
Hurray! Your application was successfully submitted