Technical Support Expert
Datto, the world’s leading provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers, is looking for a Technical Support Expert to join a growing team. Datto is a creative company at its core and is an exciting and dynamic workplace. We're 100% focused on our managed service provider partners and believe that with the right technology, managed service providers can change how businesses around the world operate. Datto provides data protection, business continuity, networking, business management, and file backup and sync products that empower and protect the clients of our 14,000+ partners. We're headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and have 22 offices worldwide.
You will work in a customer support environment with an emphasis on responsiveness and high levels of customer satisfaction. You will be providing support for the Autotask software suite over the phone and in electronic communications. You will be responsible for answering system questions, and troubleshooting to resolve or properly escalate all incoming support incidents. You will be expected to deliver the highest level of service in the industry.
Does This Describe You:
You're an independent problem solver who loves being a fantastic team player!
A Look Inside the Job:
- Build ongoing relationships with customers
- Answer system questions and provide workflow and implementation best practices when necessary
- Troubleshoot to resolve or properly escalate support incidents
- Staff the Help Desk phones per your schedule
- Call customers as needed as you manage their incident
- Review potential defects for accuracy and ticket quality for submission to Tier II and III
- Create articles for our customer-facing knowledge base, when related information is not present
- Develop core knowledge of AEM/AWP (as assigned) product features and stay up to date with new features
- Work with team Tier II and III reps to correct customer issues
- Maintain the ticket backlog per the ongoing communication service level agreement
- Recognize trends within reported problems and identify potential user concerns to determine a root cause and/or workarounds for customers
- Work a pre-scheduled company holiday(s) when needed
- Aptitude for learning new technologies and applying general and industry-specific business knowledge in a fast-paced, analytical and team-oriented environment
- One or more years of technical customer service experience
- Great at utilizing resources effectively to troubleshoot and resolve complex customer issues quickly
- Experience with managing and responding to multiple problems at once
- Computer literacy skills: file system basics, operating system navigation, conceptual network connectivity, cloud computing, Internet and internet browser literacy
- Strong understanding of the Microsoft Windows operating system
- Knowledge of Apple Mac OSX/Linux operating system(s)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to appease frustrated or angry customers in a positive, sympathetic, and diplomatic way
- Able to approach support issues from a training perspective when required
- Experience with RMM technologies preferred
- Experience with Active Directory preferred
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Private medical insurance
- Free lunch every Friday
- Generous paid time off policy
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Fitness reimbursement
- Charity match program
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.
Technical Support Expert
Sorry, your application was not successfully submitted
Hurray! Your application was successfully submitted