Senior C++ Software Engineer
Datto, the world’s leading provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers, is looking for a Senior C++ Software Engineer to join a growing team. Datto is a creative company at its core and is an exciting and dynamic workplace. We're 100% focused on our managed service provider partners and believe that with the right technology, managed service providers can change how businesses around the world operate. Datto provides data protection, business continuity, networking, business management, and file backup and sync products that empower and protect the clients of our 14,000+ partners. We're headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and have 22 offices worldwide.
You will be responsible for building applications that may range from desktop applications to kernel, both Windows and Linux modules. Your primary responsibility will be to design and develop these applications and to coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure.
A Look Inside the Job:
- Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable C++ code
- Debug existing applications and kernel modules
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automation
- Document at both the code and conceptual level how applications work
- Strong proficiency in C/C++, with a fair knowledge of the language specification
- Thorough knowledge of the standard library, STL containers, and algorithms
- Low-level understanding of Windows or Linux
- Good understanding of memory management in non-garbage collected environments
- Understanding of polymorphism, and C++ specific notions, such as abstract classes and move semantics
- Knowledge of the C++11 standard
- Knowledge of low-level threading primitives
- Familiarity with system calls on both Windows and Linux
- Familiarity with language tools, such as Valgrind, Clang, and Visual Studio
- Experience with the implementation of automated testing platforms and unit tests
- A working proficiency with version control software, preferably Git
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Free lunch every Friday
- Generous paid time off policy
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Fitness reimbursement
- Charity match program
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.
Senior C++ Software Engineer
Sorry, your application was not successfully submitted
Hurray! Your application was successfully submitted