Oct 19, 2016
Two-Factor Authentication in The Datto Partner Portal
Two-factor authentication has been one of the most requested features from Datto partners over the past year. In fact, it was the most requested feature at this year’s DattoCon. Over the past few months, our team has been working to implement two-factor authentication into the Partner Portal. All partners can now enable two-factor authentication on their partner portal accounts.
Here are some key points:
- The two-factor backend is powered by Authy.
- Two-factor is a global setting for your account. Once it is enabled, all your employees must use it to log in.
- The easiest way to use two-factor authentication is the Authy app available for iOS, Android, and Windows phones.
- Two-factor authentication can be enabled by visiting the Manage Employees page within the app.
- Before enabling two-factor authentication, all user accounts must have a mobile phone added to their account. This can be done by any admin by visiting the Manage Employees page.
- Check out this Knowledge Base Article for more information.
Please let us know if you have any questions or comments.
Sergio Espinosa is a Product Manager at Datto