October 03, 2016
National Cybersecurity Month Is Here! Are You Ready?
While National Cyber Security Awareness Month (NCSAM) is in its 13th year, it may carry more weight than ever in 2016. Over the past several months, ransomware attacks have been increasing at an alarming rate and various organizations are issuing alerts, such as Europol, the FBI and the Department of Homeland Security.
To bring more attention to some major cybersecurity issues, NCSAM will highlight various topics over the month of October:
- Week 1: October 3-7, 2016 – Topic: Every Day Steps Towards Online Safety with Stop.Think.Connect.™
- Week 2: October 10-14, 2016 – Topic: Cyber from the Break Room to the Board Room
- Week 3: October 17-21, 2016 – Topic: Recognizing and Combating Cybercrime
- Week 4: October 24-28, 2016 –Topic: Our Continuously Connected Lives: What’s Your ‘App’-titude?
- Week 5: October 31, 2016 – Topic: Building Resilience in Critical Infrastructure
To stay up to date on social media, use the hashtag #CyberAware. Head over to the Department of Homeland Security’s website for more information on NCSAM.