March 30, 2021
Ensure SaaS protection with Google Workspace backup
What is Google Workspace backup?
Google Workspace, formerly known as G Suite, is Google’s integrated suite of business productivity and collaboration tools. It includes Gmail, Drive, Meet, Calendar, Chat, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Keep, Sites, Forms, and Currents. Using a third-party solution for Google Workspace backup is important because Google cannot restore some deleted data. Comprehensive data safety is ultimately the user’s responsibility.
Google Workspace backup keeps data safe
Google Workspace is widely used in corporate environments, with six million paying business users tallied in a recent report. Organizations are often unaware that their service agreement doesn’t hold Google responsible for backup and recovery of all your data. For example, Google cannot restore data that was permanently deleted more than 25 days ago, or restore data from users’ Trash.
Managed service providers (MSPs) today must have a comprehensive backup and data protection plan for their clients. A third-party SaaS data backup is an essential step for data loss prevention.
Human error, in the form of accidental deletion, is the primary reason that businesses experience data loss. However, there are many other threats that make Google Workspace backup necessary:
- Malicious deletion
- Virus or other malware
- Software corruption
- External hackers
- Damage to hard disk or storage
- Natural disaster
The business world is moving rapidly from on-premises productivity tools to cloud applications. In a recent report, Datto found that cloud productivity services are now #1 on the list of MSPs’ managed service offerings.
Fortunately, MSPs can ensure their clients’ data is safe with Datto SaaS Protection. It’s a backup solution made specifically for the extreme needs of MSPs, to provide a strong data loss defense.
The right Google Workspace tools give you a quick, highly effective recovery system that goes beyond Google’s offerings. Datto SaaS Protection makes Google Workspace backups highly reliable, with rapid recovery that ensures business data continuity.
How does Datto SaaS Protection backup Google Workspace?
Datto SaaS Protection provides total data protection for client cloud data living in Google Workspace applications. One-click restore helps MSPs to protect clients against Google Workspace data loss and speed their way to a quick recovery. Streamlined onboarding helps you get clients protected fast. Manage backups easily from one pane of glass.
3X daily backups makes Datto SaaS Protection the smart choice for MSPs backing up Google Workspace data. All of your clients’ data is backed up in our private exabyte-class Datto cloud. Built to serve the exacting needs of MSPs, the Datto cloud is secure and immutable. Its end-to-end security includes encrypted cloud backups and mandatory two-factor authentication (2FA).
Benefits of Datto SaaS Protection for Google Workspace backup
Have complete confidence in your clients’ Google Workspace backup with Datto SaaS Protection. In addition to protecting data, it reduces the time you’ll need for efficient backup management.
With Datto SaaS Protection for Google Workspace, you get:
- Automated and continuous backups. Google Workspace backups 3x daily
- Streamlined client onboarding. Fast and easy setup, straightforward click-through onboarding process
- Point-in-time restore and export. Restore or export emails or other data sets quickly, from a specific point in time before the data loss event.
- Non-destructive restores. Whether its individual objects or entire accounts, execute a quick restore that retains the related records and folder structure.
- Flexible retention. Preserving inactive Google Workspace user data with Datto SaaS Protection saves money and effort, for you and your clients
Make your cloud backups service profitable and efficient with Datto SaaS Protection.
With Datto SaaS Protection, MSPs get:
- Smart management portal. Easily manage active licenses, gauge your profits, and supervise clients’ backup status from one pane of glass.
- Backup monitoring. On-demand retrieval of backup, export, or restore events
- Admin audit log. Use your admin dashboard to keep detailed records of all administrator and user actions.
- Predictable profit. Build your margins with bundled solutions that include Google Workspace data protection.
- Simple, per-license pricing. You can deploy licenses across your end clients, then redeploy as needed.
- Marketing and Sales Support. Datto partners can launch pre-built SaaS Protection campaigns, access our co-branded content library, and manage leads.
How to get started with Datto SaaS Protection for Google Workspace backup
MSPs count on Datto SaaS Protection to quickly restore lost data, with flexible options for restore. Datto SaaS Protection is how MSPs can deliver efficient Google Workspace backup to clients, and build profit margins.
Learn more about Google Workspace backup for your managed services offerings, schedule a demo today.