May 19, 2021
Checklist: Hurricane Disaster Recovery Businesses
Hurricane season is fast approaching and the number of storms has been consistently increasing. It’s estimated that the 2020 hurricane season caused nearly $36 billion in damage. With this in mind, it’s important that businesses are prepared for the potential impact should hurricanes–or other natural disasters–come their way. Here are some steps to take to ensure you are ready to help your clients weather the storm.
Disaster Recovery Checklist
- Check recent backups on all production machines. Remember that you can use the Status Page to ensure all expected volumes are protected.
- Ensure recent backups were sent successfully to the cloud (or other Disaster Recovery site) for each production machine.
- Verify recent functional screenshots of each production machine to validate your ability to recover.
- Make sure that any site you or your end users go to has power generation, Internet, and cell phone connectivity.
- Take corrective action as soon as possible. If you’re a Datto partner, visit Datto’s Help Center for information on how to run disaster recoveries as well as an easy way to get in contact with Datto Support via chat, email, or phone.
For more detail on how to prepare for the upcoming hurricane season, take a look at our eBook, Natural Disaster Preparedness Guide for MSPs: Hurricanes or Coastal Storms.