September 25, 2019
The Hurricane DR Checklist for Businesses
Disaster Recovery Checklist
- Check recent backups on all production machines. Remember that you can use the Status Page to ensure all expected volumes are protected.
- Ensure recent backups were sent successfully to the cloud (or other DR site) for each production machine.
- Verify recent functional screenshots of each production machine to validate your ability to recover.
- Make sure that any site you/your end users go to have power generation, Internet, and cell phone connectivity.
- Take corrective action as soon as possible, help.datto.com is your repository for information on how to run disaster recoveries as well as an easy way to get in contact with Datto Support via chat, email, or phone.
In the event of a hurricane, Datto is ready to support you and your customers with additional support staff and increased Code Red resources to help with critical backup and recovery efforts. In addition to all the other services Datto provides, we are opening up an option to use the Direct to Cloud (beta) to make sure that you and your end users have all possible option on the table during this imminent disaster.
If deployed, you can track the progress of the Datto Disaster Response Team (DRT) through the Datto Twitter handle with the latest updates, observations, and insights. If you’re a Datto Partner in need of assistance, please call Datto Tech Support directly at 877-455-6015 or email the DRT at firstname.lastname@example.org to make device and support requests.