Feb 27, 2020
A Look at Datto's SMB Market Report for MSPs
Datto’s SMB Market Report for MSPs is comprised of statistics pulled from a survey* of 1,100+ small and medium businesses (SMBs) across the United States. This report highlights the technology trends, challenges, and buying patterns of these businesses. Additionally, it provides research-based insights on SMB attitudes towards managed services as a whole.
Datto’s SMB Market Report for MSPs is based on a study commissioned by Datto, Inc. with Strategy Analytics. Survey respondents were recruited via professional B2B research panels and asked to complete a 15-minute online survey. Respondents were from the United States and identified as decision-makers for IT solutions at small and medium businesses with 10-300 employees.
Let’s take a look at a few of the highlights from the report:
- 95 percent of SMBs agree that IT helps their business succeed, but 45 percent of SMBs view IT mainly as a cost center.
- 44 percent of SMBs report hiring good people as the top business struggle, followed by revenue growth.
- 54 percent of SMBs report the increasing complexity of IT as a main reason or outsourcing their IT.
- 73 percent of SMBS report cybersecurity as the most important technology trend.
- 1 in 4 SMBs lost revenue due to IT-related problems.