May 22, 2019
A Look at the State of the MSP Industry
Datto surveyed over 1,600 MSPs around the world to learn about their day-to-day lives, businesses, and IT Channel predictions. The result: a wealth of statistics covering everything from the technology MSPs are using and business challenges they’re facing, to where they get their news and how many industry events they attend annually.
In Datto’s State of the MSP Report, we go beyond a snapshot of today’s MSPs and take a deeper dive into their lives and businesses.
MSPs are the core of the IT Channel; by sharing these insights, we hope to help them overcome challenges and highlight resources to help them succeed.
Let’s take a look at some of the key findings in the report:
- 55 percent of MSPs report having between 1-100 clients. 89 percent of MSPs also report making at least one client site visit per week. In the next 12 months, more than half of MSPs predict adding between 1-10 new clients.
- MSPs report RMM, cloud storage management, productivity software, business continuity and disaster recovery (BCDR), and professional services automation (PSA) among the solutions that positively impacted them the most last year.
- The top 3 most critical security offerings according to MSPs are anti-virus, advanced firewall, and remote monitoring and management (RMM) solutions.
- MSPs around the world ranked their top three IT Channel publications as CompTIA, The Channel Company, and ChannelPro.
- Marketing and sales continue to be the top two pain points of global MSPs, followed by work/life balance, revenue growth, and ransomware/cybersecurity.
For more detailed findings from Datto’s 2019 State of the MSP Report, download the full report.