March 31, 2021
World Backup Day is Here: Are Your Clients Protected?
As a managed service provider (MSP), you know how common data loss can be. However, many businesses still may not understand the importance of backing up their data. Hackers continue to exploit small and medium businesses with ransomware attacks, human error will always be an unfortunate reality, and disgruntled employees can be a real issue. Just last week, news broke of a company that faced two days of downtime after a spiteful IT consultant maliciously deleted 1,200 Microsoft 365 accounts.
Luckily, World Backup Day can help MSPs emphasise the importance of a comprehensive backup and business continuity strategy for businesses of all sizes.
According to the World Backup Day website, there are plenty of reasons to back up your data, though not nearly enough people do.
- 30 percent of people have never backed up their data
- 29 percent of disasters are caused by an accident
- 1 in 10 computers are hit with a virus each month
How MSPs can help clients understand the importance of backup
This year, we’ve developed an end-client-facing toolkit for MSPs to download and share with their clients and prospects that has content to help show the importance of backup and business continuity solutions.
In our World Backup Day Toolkit, we offer MSPs the following resources:
- Ransomware and the Cost of Downtime: This infographic outlines the risks ransomware poses to businesses, how it’s grown over recent years, how SMBs are a key target for bad actors, and how business downtime is often even more detrimental than ransomware itself.
- Top 3 Reasons to Back Up Your SaaS Data: There’s a common misconception among users of Microsoft and Google’s cloud-based applications that because it’s in the cloud, it’s secure, and Google and Microsoft will be responsible for any data loss that occurs. This eBook reveals the realities of the shared responsibility model these companies outline in their service agreements and how users are expected to back up their data using third-party services.
- 9 Cybersecurity Tips Every Business Should Follow: This one-pager is a great resource to share with clients and prospects to provide education on how to prepare for the realities of the cybersecurity landscape. These nine tips are essential for all businesses.
Share this Toolkit with your clients and prospects in the spirit of World Backup Day to get the conversation going around data protection. With a business continuity and disaster recovery (BCDR) plan, businesses can avoid the various threats to data including human error, ransomware, hardware failure, and natural disasters. Happy sharing!